Does my wife need a new passport/visa?

jstatus330

Registered Users (C)
My wife is a perm resident in the US. Her passport/visa will expire in 2010. We will be going to to visit in Mexico for Christmas. While we are there does she need to get a new passport/visa or not?

My wife is a perm resident in the US. Her passport/visa will expire in 2010. We will be going to to visit in Mexico for Christmas. While we are there does she need to get a new passport/visa or not?

Your wife doesnt need a visa if she is a permanent resident. If her permanent resident card expires in 2010, then she needs to get it renewed. Same for her passport before she travels.

If the passport doesn't expire while you are in mexico you are fine. You don't need a visa to mexico if you are a permanent resident.

Your wife doesnt need a visa if she is a permanent resident. If her permanent resident card expires in 2010, then she needs to get it renewed. Same for her passport before she travels.

Ok...

Permanent Residency Card - USA

Passport - MEX

VISA - MEX

Her VISA is the one that expires 2010. Does she need to renew it while we are in Mexico or no?

Permanent Residency Card - USA

Passport - MEX

VISA - MEX

Her VISA is the one that expires 2010. Does she need to renew it while we are in Mexico or no?
The only thing that you explained clear is that your wife is a LPR. What country is your wife's passport? Why is there a visa and what country issued it?

As a LPR, she can travel to Mexico without visa as long as she has a valid passport. I don't understand where visa comes into equation.

The only thing that you explained clear is that your wife is a LPR. What country is your wife's passport? Why is there a visa and what country issued it?

As a LPR, she can travel to Mexico without visa as long as she has a valid passport. I don't understand where visa comes into equation.

Ok here is what's going on.

My wife is a...

LPR of the USA. Her country of origin is Mexico.

She has a Mexican Passport which is valid.

She has a Mexican Visa which is expired.

She is worried that if we travel to Mexico there will be problems, because her Visa is expired. Is this a problem?

OP,

Why will she have a Mexican visa if she has a Mexican passport? Mexican visa is for non Mexicans to visit Mexico. Something is not right in your information.

Ok here is what's going on.

My wife is a...

LPR of the USA. Her country of origin is Mexico.

She has a Mexican Passport which is valid.

She has a Mexican Visa which is expired.

She is worried that if we travel to Mexico there will be problems, because her Visa is expired. Is this a problem?

Are you sure, your wife is Mexican??? don't get wrong.. haha :)

Note:

Mexican is the a person who lives in Mexico (republic in southern North America). They hold the passport of Mexican passport.

1) The Passport is the travel document which is used to travel other countries, in the passport, the Identical details are mention about the person is the citizen of its passport.

2) Visa is a permit to enter and leave a country, normally issued by the authorities of the country to be visited. And No one ever get visa from same country they belong and have passport of that country.

So, in your wife Mexican passport, there will not be visa details for Mexico. There will be only expire date :) Do you meant only expire date?

Since she is a LPR in USA, she will not have any problems in Mexico. Beside, if she is Mexican, she doesn't need visa for her own country, she can go her motherland any time.

Last edited by a moderator: