Does "currently being processed" mean I am approved?

Bluegrass1

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone, I am new here and I am so glad to find this forum, it is very informative and everyone seems very helpful.

I was able to check my passport status online this afternoon (I applied at a local post office on March 30th) using expedited service. My status says:

"Thank you for submitting your application for a U.S. passport book! It is currently being processed. " and then it has the passport application locator #. Does the "Thank you for submitting your application for a U.S. passport book! It is currently being processed" message mean that my passport is approved and we are just waiting on the book to be printed? Or does it not necessarily mean everything is approved yet? It also said I should receive it on 4/10/09. Thanks!

Thanks! Any idea on how long it should take the status to change? How will I know if there are or were any problems?

If there are problems, you will receive a letter from them. Sometimes, though very rarely, they may call you. I would advise that you write to this e-mail address asking for the status of your application. They will reply in 2-3 business days

npicATstate.gov

Please replace AT with @ as I wrote it that way to avoid spombots "snooping" that e-mail address.

If there are problems, you will receive a letter from them. Sometimes, though very rarely, they may call you. I would advise that you write to this e-mail address asking for the status of your application. They will reply in 2-3 business days

Please replace AT with @ as I wrote it that way to avoid spombots "snooping" that e-mail address.

Thank u. I guess I should wait until 4/10 and see if it comes first before I contact them shouldn't I? I hope the status changes to final stages today or tomorrow.

If there were to be a problem, what would the "online status" say? Would they change the status? Right now it says "Thank you for submitting your application for a U.S. passport book! It is currently being processed", and that it should be delivered around 4/10/09. We applied on March 30th but I didnt check the online status until April 6th so I dont know how long it has been saying "It is currently being processed". If the status hasnt changed by the 8th or 9th should I be worried? Sorry for all the questions, this is totally new to me and I really thank you all.