Documents to submit to NVC for employment based consular processing after DS-260

achilles192

Hi,

Please help me in figuring out which documents I need to submit to the NVC for employment based green card.

Background: My I-140 is approved and priority date is current and the case is going through consular processing. I have paid the NVC IV fees and completed DS-260. Next, I need to submit documents to the NVC but getting confusing information on exactly which documents to submit. My case is not participating in electronic processing, therefore I must send documents to NVC PO box by mail in one package.

I contacted the NVC and they have asked me to follow the welcome letter. The welcome letter lists both my civil documents and petitioner's documents (proof of US status, W2, domicile etc) with signed affidavit of support. One of my paralegal friends advised me that an affidavit of support and other petitioner's documents (listed in #3 below) are submitted to the NVC only for family based cases. They advised me to NOT submit any affidavit of support or any other documents listed in #3 below. As per them, I just need to submit my civil documents (listed in #2 below) and a letter of offer from the prospective employer.

Documents listed in the welcome letter -

1. Cover Sheet​
2. Photocopies of Supporting Documents:​
  • Valid, unexpired passport
  • Birth Certificate with translation
  • Adoption Documentation
  • Marriage Certificate with translation
  • Marriage Termination with translation
  • Court Records with translation
  • Military Records with translation
  • Police Certificate(s) with translation
3. Signed Affidavit of Support(s).................... - Do I need to submit these documents to the NVC for employment based consular processing?
  • Proof of U.S. Status
  • Proof of Domicile
  • Petitioner's Civil Documents
  • Proof of relationship (only for I-864A)
  • Evidence of Income
  • Form(s) W-2
  • IRS Tax Transcript
  • Federal Income Tax Returns
  • Social Security Earnings Statement
  • Proof of Assets
4. Other Supporting Documents​
Do I need to submit any of the documents listed in #3 above? If not, do I just need to submit my civil documents and the letter of offer from the employer?

Appreciate your help.

Hi, how was process? Is it done I mean you got GC? We are planning to apply GC through consular process please share your experience that would be helpful.