Documents to bring to interview

josh000

Registered Users (C)
There is a PDF file for my embassy which lists the documents to bring for my interview and the order to arrange them in.

I think some of these may not apply to me, or I am unsure what they are. I'm hoping other people could advise.

The ones I am confused about:

Form DS‐230 part I and II or Confirmation Page of the electronic Form DS‐260. -- I think I already sent these to KCC. Should I fill them again and bring them? Od do they not apply?

Evidence of Support (I‐864; I‐864A, I‐864EZ, I‐864W) and photocopy of IRS transcript or photocopy of the most recent Federal income tax return (for family based cases) -- This is where I owuld substitute form i-134 instead, from what I understand?

Copy of the U.S. petitioner status in the USA -- I don't think I have a petitioner, so this does not apply?

Copies of documents proving petitioner’s U.S. domicile -- I don't think I have a petitioner, so this does not apply?

Just wanting to make sure I have everything perfect before my interview!

Centrino

Registered Users (C)
There is a PDF file for my embassy which lists the documents to bring for my interview and the order to arrange them in.

I think some of these may not apply to me, or I am unsure what they are. I'm hoping other people could advise.
The country-specific PDF applies to all kinds of visas. You are correct that you don't need evidence of support, if you can prove sufficient funds. You don't have a U.S. petitioner. You don't need to resend the DS-203, etc.

As a general rule: to know what documents you need, read http://dvselectee.state.gov . To know how to obtain these documents in your country, follow the guidelines in the country-specific pdf. Don't bother with the other documents described in the pdf.

Last edited by a moderator: