Documents Needed for the N-400 Interview

usacitizentobe

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

Can You please advice What documents should I have to take for the Naturalization Interview.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I brought everything I had from way back (green card paperwork included). Just in case.
+ taxes ( transcripts + w2 + 1040 for the past 3 years), DMV records, copious amount of utility bills, marriage certificate, birth certificate, official translation, passports, ID, GC, wife's paperwork as well plus all the USCIS letters I got.

I brought everything I had from way back (green card paperwork included). Just in case.
+ taxes ( transcripts + w2 + 1040 for the past 3 years), DMV records, copious amount of utility bills, marriage certificate, birth certificate, official translation, passports, ID, GC, wife's paperwork as well plus all the USCIS letters I got.

Even I have to pack up everything I have got, just in case. did the officer asked you anything from the list above?

Thanks,

No but I submitted everything with my N-400 initially and he had the files with him.

Hi,

I have the same questions on the documents needed for my coming interview. I only submitted the copy of my GC together with N-400 application form.

You mentioned about Birth Certificate - my don't hv my original Birth Certificate and the translated copy with me now. Why is it the IO wanna look at the Birth Certificate? I thought I only needed to bring my passports (expired and current),5 years tax transcripts and the payment of traffic violation/certification from the court that the traffic violation was dismissed.

One more thing, in the interview letter, it mentioned about "evidence of selective service registration". I am very confused - I became permanent resident at the age of 31. Prior to this, I only visited US using B1/B2 visa. I didn't even know that I needed to register for Selective Service. I only noticed it when I filled in N-400. Will the IO request such evidence?

For you information, I applied naturalization based on 5 years residency and not based on marriage. I obtained GC via Diversity Lottery (DV). When I interviewed for DV, I only provided my translated Birth Certificate and the medical exam reports. The IO didn't even request any copies of documents such as proof of education, tax returns or even affidavit of support. The whole process was so easy.

You input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thing, in the interview letter, it mentioned about "evidence of selective service registration". I am very confused - I became permanent resident at the age of 31. Prior to this, I only visited US using B1/B2 visa. I didn't even know that I needed to register for Selective Service. I only noticed it when I filled in N-400. Will the IO request such evidence?

No. http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?317140-Failed-to-signup-for-selective-service

You mentioned about Birth Certificate - my don't hv my original Birth Certificate and the translated copy with me now. Why is it the IO wanna look at the Birth Certificate?

If there is a discrepancy with the name or date of birth on any of your documents (e.g. GC name doesn't match an old visa, or passport DOB doesn't match GC), they'll ask for the birth certificate to resolve it. Otherwise they usually don't ask for your birth certificate.

If you provided a birth certificate during your GC process, a copy of it should already be in your A-file, so if the interviewer asks for your birth cert and you don't have it available, you can ask the interviewer to look for it in your file.

No but I submitted everything with my N-400 initially and he had the files with him.

Hi MarkMM,

I didnot send any copies of the documents except the application and copy of the GC.

One more questions, Me and my husband have the same time and date of the interview. Should they call us indivudually or jointly for the interview?

Thanks,

Hi all,

Do I need to get DMV records for the interview?

I have no citations and other issues with the DMV.

Please advice. So that I can plan on going to the DMV before the interview process and obtain the driving record.

Interview

Hi. I have to go this month 26 to the interview, but i'm scared because when I fill form n-400 I wrote a few mistakes, like date, spelling . I don't know what I have to say about this mistakes, I don't what let they to think that I don't understand any English.It happened to someone?What I have to say about?????THANKS!