Documentation required for I-485 based on Asylum granted

Hello all,

I started planning for my next immigration adventure by preparing for my Green card I-485 based on asylum granted, i will be submitting my application in few months and i don't want to be surprised when the time comes to submit and i miss few documentation, so can you provide me in details what i have to submit aside from the I-485, and is a birth certificate is mandatory to submit, or can i use my expired national passport as a proof of nationality ? and my wife and i used the Public health insurance for the first year we came, do i have get any documentation from the Government health insurance to add it the cover letter to prove that i used the health insurance only for one year.

please advise

first of all , here is the link for the instructions for i-485 read it thoroughly , it will answer all your questions

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

- no you do not need a birth certificate as an asylee, but if you have one you should send it
- you can use expired passport , you should also send copies of other current ID if you any , like DL or EAD, the purpose is confirming your identity not nationality
- i think you should answer yes if you used public assistant and add a comment on the last page , i do no think you need to provide any documentation
- to prove your asylee status , send the letter from the asylum office and the i-94

again read the entire document , everything is in there in details

Do you know if they ask for proof on 1 year physical presence in United States?
Usually they do not since they have access to CBP entry records. But since many CBP exits are unrecorded they may ask for it. I’m sure you can submit bank statements/pay roll records, school records or even an affidavit if you are asked. But it’s unlikely. I would not send any information preemptively unless they actually ask for it. Just submit the documents in the list

Do you know if they ask for proof on 1 year physical presence in United States?
yes. They definitely ask for this. Your I-94 shows your travel history in and out of the US. You should include that.
Just hire a lawyer. Getting your green card is probably the biggest achievement of your life. It is worth spending a few bucks.