Docs required to file RFE

js2002

Hello All,
I got a RFE last week.

RFE says I need to submit:

Employment Offer:
Submit a recent letter from the prospective employer on their original letterhead (not photocopy) showing that they are still offering you the position. The letter in file is more than one year old; therefore, no longer valid.

Tax Documents - Applicant
Submit copies of your form(s) 1040 for the year 2001 and 2002 tax year(s), along with all the schedules and attachments for each year. Also, provide all of your Forms W-2 for each of the above year(s). If you were unemployed, or only employed on a part time basis during any of the period requested above, provide a statement indicating such, along with an explanation as to how you were able to afford your living expenses. Also submit your three most recent pay stubs. If you are not currently working for the petitioner, explain why.

I have an employment offer, tax documents (1040 & w2) and recent pay stubs.

Questions:
Q1: Can I file a response to this RFE myself?
Q2: I am working with a different company and not with the petitioner, Is there a general explanation for this?
Q3: What are the documents required for filing an amendment to I 140?

Thanks in advance and your response will be really appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please tell us the following:

1. your WAC number or ND date

This is a straightforward case, you should be able to find similar cases if you search this forum ..

but, it helps us to know your wac number ..

thanks

The reason I am asking this is that my lawyer is asking for $800 to file rfe.
Please suggest if this is the right amount we have to pay to file for rfe.

This is the second time i am filing for rfe and i did fp for the second time couple of weeks back.

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
js2002
The reason I am asking this is that my lawyer is asking for $800 to file rfe. Please suggest if this is the right amount we have to pay to file for rfe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is probably good to spend $800 and get it right, since
yours is AC21. I've heard immigration attorneys charging
$500 or more just to renew EAD or AP. So your guy seems
pretty reasonable to me.

Good Luck! :)

our lawyer wanted 500 for EAD so we did it ourselves - and got approved just fine - if it were my rfe where there are no complications, nothing has changed etc - I would definitely do it myself -but in your case with complications it may be worth it to spend the 800 and make sure all the possible problems are dealt with - I guess it depends on how good your lawyer is too.

Did INS send the RFE to you or your lawyer

JS

Just a quick question, did the RFE go to you or your lawyer?

My lawyer who filed my I485 got laid off and when I called BCIS regarding that, they told at this stage I don't really need a lawyer. Just wait for the approval.
Should I believe them?