Docs required for re-entry

Mike Walt

I am a nurse working in the US on a TN for two years now. When I applied for my TN at the border, I brought the following documents with me: Offer letter, CGFNS VisaScreen, nursing license and Diploma.

My question is the following: Have these documents always been required for re-entry into the US? I have been made aware of two nurses getting denied re-entry at a specific border crossing for not having the VisaScreen on them. I have personally never carried these documents with me after I had obtained my TN, but I will certainly start doing so now. Thanks.

Yes. You always need your visa screen for re-entry. That has always been a requirement- just in the last few years they have been enforcing it.

Yes. You always need your visa screen for re-entry. That has always been a requirement- just in the last few years they have been enforcing it.

Hi, Thanks for the info. I honestly had no idea... I'm lucky enough to never have been asked for it, but I'm gonna start carrying it with me from now on!