1. The forums will be down July 21 weekend due to server being moved by our host. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have to prove that you can support yourself.

Discussion in 'Entering USA on B Visas' started by Rudy_Shields, Dec 14, 2017.

  1. Rudy_Shields

    Rudy_Shields New Member

    I'm thinking of living in the USA for 6 months with a tent and sleeping bag and eventually buying a car to live in. Do I have to prove to the boarder guard that I am able to support myself? Is $1600 a month enough for that? Will they ask questions like where am I staying - and will it matter when I tell them I'm going to live in a vehicle or on the street? And if I get a vehicle will they let me live in that and still cross the boarder?

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. 1AurCitizen

    1AurCitizen Registered Users (C)

    You may not "live" in the US on a B visa; you can visit while maintaining a non-US residence. Buying a car on a B2 visa could raise numerous flags to the CBP, which has discretion in querying your purpose/duration of visit. Your ability to fund a visit may very well come up during Inspection if the officer so desires.

Share This Page