Do we need to renew our medicals for pending I-485

GC_Aspirant

Hi,

We filed our I-140 & I-485 filed concurrently in Nov' 2003 (rcvd date: 12/4/2003).During that, we submitted my & my wife's medicals (Form I-693) which got done in Nov 2003.

My question is -- Do the medicals (Form I-693) get expired after an year of submission? Do we need to get MEDICALS again (renewal like EAD, Advance Parol & Finger Prints) as it's already passed 1 year and I-485 is pending. Please let me know.

Thanks,
GC Aspirant

No, You don't need to renew your medical forms unless USCIS asks you for medical as a part of RFE.

Medicals Valid for Another Year!
Posted Jan 14, 2005
©MurthyDotCom
Typically, absent a special provision, the required medical exam (Form I-693) that must accompany an Application for Adjustment of Status (I-485) is only valid for one year from the date of the completion of the Form I-693. Last year, on January 23, 2004, we were pleased to report that the USCIS had extended the validity of medical exams for pending I-485s through January 1, 2005. That article, Policy Again Extended on the Validity of I-485 Medicals, is available on MurthyDotCom. We have good news again this year for many I-485 applicants.

Once more, the USCIS has extended the validity of the Form I-693 for medical examination for another year - until January 1, 2006 in certain cases. In order for this extension to apply, the I-485 must be filed concurrently with an I-140 petition and there must not be a Class A or Class B medical condition that was certified by the civil surgeon. This should benefit many individuals whose cases are stuck in lengthy processing backlogs or delayed due to the retrogression of EB3 visa numbers for persons from India, mainland China, and the Philippines.