Do we have a reasonable humanitarian parole case?

mrnaj

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

My brother (adult and unmarried) has a pending i-130 petition filed by our mother and is currently attempting to apply for a visa in the UK. If denied, his only option is to return to Syria where a brutal civil war is currently taking place. He is currently allowed to temporarily stay in the UK because he has recently finished his Master's degree where he obtained it from a university in UK.

Given that his priority date is approaching in 2 years, do you think we have a chance of getting humanitarian parole approval that would allow him to wait for his i-130 petition in the US? He is also the last member of our immediate family who does not have residency in the US. A lawyer suggested to us to apply for humanitarian parole and we are very interested to see if this will work, but if it does not work, will this hurt his i-130 application? And also for what it's worth, he has tried before apply for a visitor visa and was denied but that was about two years ago.

Thanks!

You can try again because the war is really nasty now and circumstances have changed, but they might still deny because he is not in Syria but in a nice, comfortable place like UK. They might argue that he should apply for extension there.