Do they take photo during FP?

howdy_howdy

Volunteer Moderator
Folks:

I wasn't photo'ed when I went for my FP @ Dallas this afternoon. Just my fingers on left & right hand and individual finger prints. Thats all.

When I asked the guy about my picture, he said cases with NBC don't allow pictures to be taken.

Don't you need picture as part of biometrics?

Anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks:

I wasn't photo'ed when I went for my FP @ Dallas this afternoon. Just my fingers on left & right hand and individual finger prints. Thats all.

When I asked the guy about my picture, he said cases with NBC don't allow pictures to be taken.

Don't you need picture as part of biometrics?

Anyone?

Nope. I even do not know what pictures you talk about?
Did they take our picture when we did FP for green card purpose? I don't remmeber so.

Thanks for quick response. What I am referring to is, the picture & signature taken during fingerprinting!

Well, I wasn't pictured when I went for my GC FP either. But, I did see a woman getting pictured when she was taking FP.

I am wondering why would they take a picture during FP?

Thanks for quick response. What I am referring to is, the picture & signature taken during fingerprinting!

Well, I wasn't pictured when I went for my GC FP either. But, I did see a woman getting pictured when she was taking FP.

I am wondering why would they take a picture during FP?

I never renewed my GC. Maybe taking picture is for renewing GC.

For initial GC nad citizenship application, you already submitted your pictures or you will bring then to your interview.

Unless pictures can be used for crminal background check that isthey take your pcitures and use some pattern recognition software or even manual mtheod to compare your picture against those mug shot picture taken during arrest procedure, I
do not see any need for pictures.

I don´t think they use facial biometrics software.
The FP are only to take fingerprint and then do processing for possible matching in a database. In addition FBI do name check for possibles investigations under your name.

You already sent to USCIS pictures when you sent N400 and I don´t think they do facial matching with that pictures.
If you want take 2 or 4 pictures to the interview.

BTW, in the application support centers not only process N400. THey are taking pictures for other cases like GC...

Hi all

The FP notice did mention Code 3. However, the the guy only checked Code 1 in the form. I asked about that and he replied that only Code 1 is needed for n400.(which means FP only.)

I do my finger print yesterday in Riverside, CA .. and no photo taken just the finger print ,, i ask the lady about it , she say we don't take a photo for citizenship application , we take the photo for another application .

I took my FP yesterday and yes they took a picture of me. The Biometrics Notification letter said that the photo will be use for the Naturalization Certificate.

Interesting to know! The guy who took my FP's told me that Code-3 Notices for N400 don't require photos.

May be something changed recently?

My guess is that they started taking photos along with FP for naturalization to better track applicants (both approved and denied). FBI has a facial recognition database that comes in handy when trying to identify a suspect in public.

I had my photo taken last month with my fingerprints in St Paul. Maybe it's facial biometrics as mentioned above.

Must be a fairly new practice - or else varies in some way. I did not have a photo taken with my fingerprints in Atlanta, in late May.

Hi All

When I went for FP in May, they only took Fps (no picture or E-signature) even though the notice showed CODE 3 which I mentioned to them. But "not now or maybe in the future" was their reply.