Do they take away my green card?

I am citizen of both Country A (USA) and B. When I go to Country C, I want to go in as citizen of Country B because 1) visa fee is lower and 2) Country C is more friendly to the citizens of Country B.

However, Country C conducts exit control. Without a valid visa or green card + passport of Country B, they wouldn't let anybody leaving the country for Country A. On the other hand, without the entry stamp on the Country A's passport, it's impossible to leave too.

Why is country C bothered with the fact that you have both a US passport and a country B passport? Has country B hired country C to ensure that none of their citizens hold a second citizenship, US in your case?

However, Country C conducts exit control. Without a valid visa or green card + passport of Country B, they wouldn't let anybody leaving the country for Country A. On the other hand, without the entry stamp on the Country A's passport, it's impossible to leave too.

OK, let's talk about this. So I am a citizen of country A you described above. Now I take up USC. The country A does not automatically cancel its citizenship, but does not allow dual citizenship.

With this scenario set, Why would I want consular assistance from this country A with their passport?
A) If I am in any other country, let's say B, I show my US passport for any help I might need.
No problem.

B) If I need to enter country A, I should report acquiring USC, then use US passport and get a visa from this country.
You can report all you want, but until you formally renounce A citizenship, you have to use its passport to enter the country. The renunciation process is very lengthy and cumbersome, and 99% of people just give up somewhere along the way. By the way, I am a citizen of country A, so I know all too well how idiotic the system may be.

Yes, one or two countries in the baltics may not allow a person to give up their birth citizenship easily, but that is almost an exception.
Depends on what you consider "easily". If you have to spend your entire vacation (~3 weeks) going to your birth country and then run to 10 different offices to collect all necessary forms, then come back to the USA and fly several times to your district consulate to get a stamp in your passport about the permanent registration, then apply for the renunciation itself and wait a year... you will finally give up, I guarantee it. And that is not one of the Baltic states, it is Ukraine.

Why is country C bothered with the fact that you have both a US passport and a country B passport? Has country B hired country C to ensure that none of their citizens hold a second citizenship, US in your case?
And yet such countries exist, at least I am a citizen of one. Why do they do it? I have no idea, but the fact remains.