DO never got my namecheck from FBI? wow!

USER2345

Registered Users (C)
I have been writing to Laura Bush and congressmen..etc to assist me with the name check since last April. Got a letter from FBI few days ago indicating that the name check was completed back in March! :eek: < Very strange as I also got two letters in May 9 congressman's office)saying it was still pending.

Called my DO and got to the second level of customer service and they still don't see that my name check was completed and therefore not able to schedule me for the interview.

So what is the best course of action now? How do I prove to my local office that my namecheck was completed? Or is it possible that FBI made a mistake and my name check is still pending after all?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you present USCIS with the letter you received from the FBI indicating that your name check was cleared?

Called my DO and got to the second level of customer service and they still don't see that my name check was completed and therefore not able to schedule me for the interview.

So what is the best course of action now? How do I prove to my local office that my namecheck was completed? Or is it possible that FBI made a mistake and my name check is still pending after all?

USER2345,

Make Infopass appointment and show IO letter from FBI. Don't hesitate to push him/her. I've read in some discussions on name check, that at local DO they might see results from FBI in the system, while Service Center doesn't; due to internal failure to communicate properly. So what people do is to have IO in local DO to contact service center by email or phone, to update central record with name check result, and that ultimately makes them see complete information and schedule interview.

By the way, how did you call customer service in local DO?

Same here, called USCIS 2 days ago, transferred to IO, asked about my namecheck, still pending, same day called Congressman office, they received e-mail 2 days ago that my namecheck was completed (after letter to FL?), called back to USCIS same day, transferred to IO (first level doesn't know much) and here you go - namcheck complete, wait for interview.
I scheduled Infopass and will see what they say at my local DO.

"The background investigation for the N-400 filed by your constituent was just cleared and the N-400 has been placed in queue for the USCIS Los Angeles District Office to schedule the interview. The local office will schedule the interview according to their availability and once the interview is scheduled, the interview notice will be mailed to your constituent. Thank you and have a nice day.
Best regards,
<Name>
California Service Center
Congressional Liaison Unit"

Same here, called USCIS 2 days ago, transferred to IO, asked about my namecheck, still pending, same day called Congressman office, they received e-mail 2 days ago that my namecheck was completed (after letter to FL?), called back to USCIS same day, transferred to IO (first level doesn't know much) and here you go - namcheck complete, wait for interview.
I scheduled Infopass and will see what they say at my local DO.

"The background investigation for the N-400 filed by your constituent was just cleared and the N-400 has been placed in queue for the USCIS Los Angeles District Office to schedule the interview. The local office will schedule the interview according to their availability and once the interview is scheduled, the interview notice will be mailed to your constituent. Thank you and have a nice day.
Best regards,
<Name>
California Service Center
Congressional Liaison Unit"

Since it was only 2 days ago, you are alrite... it will take a week for them to get that info in their database.

I wonder who in their right mind would submit themselves to a namecheck and fingerprint check if they knew for some reson they were ineligible for naturalization?

Nowadays, with all the technologies available in every country, who can escape having their picture digitalized, or their index fingers or dna or blood being scanned?

I don' t think anybody. These bureaucracies tend to feed on themselves to keep alive and this name check business should take 4-5 days.

Since it was only 2 days ago, you are alrite... it will take a week for them to get that info in their database.

Oh no, I called SAME DAY (2 days ago), spoke with 2 different IO (less than 1 hour between calls) and first one told me to "wait another 5 years for namecheck completion" while second congratulated me with completed namecheck and told to expect IL soon.

That's why I say "document everything, keep everything on the paper, double-triple check EVERYTHING from USCIS".

another 5 years!? Did they say that!?

The same IO (second level, not first level you talk when you call USCIS) has repeated it twice: "...for some people it takes up to 5 years..."
First time when I asked how long will it take, second time when I tried to ask to expedite my namecheck because it was pending 16 months.