Do I still eglibile for US citizenship application?

ixora78

Registered Users (C)
I am eligible to apply for US citizenship in Feb 2012. Currently, I am considering a job offer to work out of US from Jan 2011. Till today, I have already fulfilled the 30 months stay in US.

If I do come back to US once every 4-5 months for few days until Feb 2012, am I still considering fulfilling the 6 months continuous stay? Can I still apply for my US citizenship in Feb 2012?

I am eligible to apply for US citizenship in Feb 2012. Currently, I am considering a job offer to work out of US from Jan 2011. Till today, I have already fulfilled the 30 months stay in US.

If I do come back to US once every 4-5 months for few days until Feb 2012, am I still considering fulfilling the 6 months continuous stay? Can I still apply for my US citizenship in Feb 2012?

US citizenship requires residency ties to the US, if live abroad and work for someone there, how do you intend to prove to USCIS that you are US resident? You should research denial on this forum, people whose cases where denied appears enjoyed living abroad as opposed being in the US.

There are certain categories of jobs that will allow you to preventy US residency while working abroad. Those are typically jobs for international or humanitarian organizations like United Nations or jobs at international locations of US based companies (headquarted on the territory of US). If you are about to accept one of those positions then you should be fine just by submitting an appropriate form to USCIS.

Continuous residence is more complicated than just keeping each individual trip under 6 months. They look at the whole picture, including your entire travel pattern and whether you accepted employment abroad. If you don't get an approved N-470, your plan of staying in the US for a few days every 4-5 months doesn't have a good chance of success.

No, because your pattern of travel and the fact that you are working outside US will demonstrate break in US residency ties. Check with the employer to see if you are eligible for N-470.