Do I qualify for an EB-1 as an actor/filmmaker?

huntingtonpark

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, I'm a Singapore national and I intend to apply for an EB1-A as an actor or filmmaker. I wonder what my chances are.

As an actor, I've done around 30 film, TV and theater productions in several countries/territories in Asia. 20 of my roles are credited with character names, and a bunch of them were televised or screened nationally in several countries. The theater productions were staged in important venues in their respective countries.

As a filmmaker, I've done 3 or 4 projects, the most important being directing a feature film that has garnered about 30 or 40 press articles/interviews. The film commercially released in 3 countries. I also acted as a principal character in this film.

I have also won 4 awards. 3 credited to the productions I'd participated as an actor, and one to my own name. All awards are specific to the country that's giving it.

I also have written 4 articles about acting and filmmaking to mainstream newspapers in Asia.

What do you guys think? And, should I apply as a filmmaker or an actor?

Thanks a bunch.

HP

Wow, looks like I need to first ask you for an autograph first.

Actually, you should apply in the broad category of arts so that you can include all your work. As long as you can provide documentation of your work, you have a high chance.

Wow, looks like I need to first ask you for an autograph first.

Actually, you should apply in the broad category of arts so that you can include all your work. As long as you can provide documentation of your work, you have a high chance.

Hi again,

Thanks very much, del0175.

You mentioned I should apply in the broad category of arts.

I consulted a lawyer before, and she said I had to either apply mainly as an actor, or director. I thought this would spread my credentials a little thinner especially in the press articles section as most of the articles (50 of them) that feature me mention me more as a director than an actor. Any personal experience on your end to share?

Also, more than half of the articles that write about me are not in English. How does one get them translated for the green card application? I'm concerned that if I were to go to a professional translation company, it could really add up and be very expensive.

Thanks once again.

HP