Do I need to modify my TN Visa?

josue9

Hi! My company have locations in Mexico and USA, I work for my company in Mexico, I was assigned to work in a project in USA for 3-4 months, so the part of my company in USA send me all documents to process a TN Visa, including a document called TN Letter that is requested for this process; I attended the VISA interview I told them that my company in Mexico will continue paying my salary and I'll be living partially in USA and later when the project finished I'll return to Mexico (that was the original idea), the visa was approved. Now my USA company asked me if I can move to work in USA permanently, so they will give me a job offer for this if I accept.... my doubt is if I need to process again the TN Visa or if I can move to USA with the one that I have right now... sorry if this is confuse, let me know if you need more details to answer my question. Thanks!

If the previous letter listed the Mexican company as your payor, you should probably get a new TN, with the US firm as your sponsor/payor. The US firm has always been your sponsor for TN. This just will clarify the relationship.

You might also look into getting L1 visa, if you qualify. Much better than TN.

Hi nelsona! Thanks fr your quick answer! The TN Letter doesn't specify any information about my Mexican company, the "Petitioner" is the US company, the only trace that I'm paid by my Mexican company is that the anual salary specified in the letter is in Mexican Pesos, but the letter doesn't metion who is paying my salary.

About the L1 that you mentioned before, that was the first attempt, but my Mexican company has different names with Mexican goverment for tax purposes, when US company revised the info from Mexican company noticed that there was no way to process the L1 Visa, no idea why, as even the company name is almost the same in Mexico and USA, so I had to go for the TN Visa... thanks for your help and advice.!! :)

The name should not matter. It is the business relationship that matters.
If you have worked for a year with MexCo, you can get L1 with MexCoUSA.

This would be better discussed on the L forum.