Do I Need to have a Permanent Job OR W2-Contract Job is Fine.

nisrit72

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

For my I-485 Do I need to have a permanent job OR I can work on
Hourly W2 job ?

I changed my original I-485 Employer sometime in March-2005 and after that
I have changed my employer twice as I am working as hourly W2.

I have not yet files any AC-21 letter to USCIS.

Whenever I get a call for interview or get a RFE can I send my current employer's letter ( not a permanent job ) ?

Thanks

Gurus - can you pls respond to this question above

This is a very good question, since neither the ac21 documentation on this website nor the yates memo speaks anything to the effect that the new job position be a permanent job offer.
Its simply states that the job needs to have the same or similar job description as the one stated in the labor.

I would like to hear what the gurus have to say about this - I am in the same scenario and have received multiple contract offers, but no permanent offer so far.
thx

nisrit72 said:
Gurus,

For my I-485 Do I need to have a permanent job OR I can work on
Hourly W2 job ?

I changed my original I-485 Employer sometime in March-2005 and after that
I have changed my employer twice as I am working as hourly W2.

I have not yet files any AC-21 letter to USCIS.
---------------- if I-485 gets approved without RFE then I-485 will be approved for employer who filed I-140 and provided future job offer letter with I-485 filing. why dont you update USCIS if you want to invoke AC21? one of the poster suggests not to send AC21, why do you want the USCIS officer to generate RFE or NOID and then mail it ,then you or your lawyers revieves it and then sends reply then again officer has to pull your file. AC21 can be invoked BEFORE I-485 is approved.
also read:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_risres.html
Whenever I get a call for interview or get a RFE can I send my current employer's letter ( not a permanent job ) ?
---------------------- your current employer letter should have Permanent job offer with same/similar job duties to invoke AC21
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If the letter says something like,

" XYZ is an employee with us and his duties includes XX,XX(Same as filed in labor)"
is it not OK?

nisrit said:
If the letter says something like,

" XYZ is an full time employee with us since..... and his job title is..... and duties includes XX,XX(Same as filed in labor)"

is it not OK?
here is SAMPLE letter:

TO WHOSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

DATE:
Dear Sir/Madam:

This is to certify that XYZ is a full-time employee at our company ABC Inc since..... his job title is...... and annual salary is...... We intend to keep the permanent job offer open for him upon the approval of his application to adjust to permanent resident status.

XYZ's job duties include:
##########################################

We expect to continue employ him.

Accordingly, we respectfully request that you grant his approval of the I-485 application/Immigrant Visa in order him to obtain permanent residency status soon. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

signature

NAME
Designation,
company name

nisirt-

I am in the similar situation as yours. I changed 3 employers after filing my I-485. Recently I posted a question "changed employers thrice" in this forum. Ginnu- thanks for your valuable suggestions. Here is how I am going about it, per my attorney.

First, there is no restriction on how many employers you change. That should not affect your 485. If you are working 40 hrs a week, then you are full-time employee of the company. I got a letter from my current employer (I am on a per-contract basis) stating that I am an active full-time employee of the company working 40hrs/week @$x/hr. It also goes ahead to state my start date and my job nature and responsibilities. I sent it to my attorney and she says that is good enough. I have paystubs for the past 4 months from this company. I have an interview at local INS office on Aug 17th. Will let you guys know how it went.

Hope this helps.

Rate - Salary

In Labor my company mention 78K/year and if I will get job on W2 with 70$/hr to 90$/hr . is there any issue.

I will make sure job description is same as labor.

cbarus,

Best of Luck for the interview.
Please do let us know about the outcome.

Seems out situation is similar,
My only concern is W2-Hourly is more a Project-Client dependent and
it is not so called "Permanent" position.

If my client says my project ends tomorrow, I will be in the market looking for
another contract may be with another employer.

Only thing I am making sure is I have same or simialr job duties, and I am getting W2 at the end of the year.

Let me know if your situation is kind of similar or not and please do let us know your interview results.

Thanks

cbarus said:
nisirt-

I am in the similar situation as yours. I changed 3 employers after filing my I-485. Recently I posted a question "changed employers thrice" in this forum. Ginnu- thanks for your valuable suggestions. Here is how I am going about it, per my attorney.

First, there is no restriction on how many employers you change. That should not affect your 485. If you are working 40 hrs a week, then you are full-time employee of the company. I got a letter from my current employer (I am on a per-contract basis) stating that I am an active full-time employee of the company working 40hrs/week @$x/hr. It also goes ahead to state my start date and my job nature and responsibilities. I sent it to my attorney and she says that is good enough. I have paystubs for the past 4 months from this company. I have an interview at local INS office on Aug 17th. Will let you guys know how it went.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: