Registered Users (C)
Hello Everybody,

Here are my details.

RD 06/2002
ND 06/2002
FP1 08/2002
RFE 11/25/2003
RFE Recd 02/06/2004

My employer is based in Boston and am working in CA. I have my attorney’s address on 485 application and my address on EAD. I need to move to a different city (about 15 miles) since my work place moved.

Is it okay to move since I have attorney’s address on my 485 ?

Do I need to file AR-11 if I move ? Does it have any other implications ?

Please advise.

Thanks

RD061702

Originally posted by RD061702
Is it okay to move since I have attorney’s address on my 485 ?
Do I need to file AR-11 if I move ? Does it have any other implications ?

Since your residence is changing, file the AR-11. You may want to notify the service center so that future correspondence to you comes to your new address.

Re: Re: Do I need to file AR-11 ?

Originally posted by TheRealCanadian
Since your residence is changing, file the AR-11. You may want to notify the service center so that future correspondence to you comes to your new address.

Thank you for the reply.

Any more suggestions...

Thanks

I moved twice in past two years. I filed AR-11 twice but they never change the address for me until I call the BCIS. So, you need to call BCIS to change it for you!

Originally posted by roger_j_lo
I moved twice in past two years. I filed AR-11 twice but they never change the address for me until I call the BCIS. So, you need to call BCIS to change it for you!

That's correct. Keep in mind that there are two different things at work here.

First, you are obligated to send in an AR-11 within 10 days of a move. This is a statutory requirement and failure can lead to deportation if they find out. It's a 37c stamp to send something that gets filed in a warehouse, so there's no excuse not to.

Second, change your address with the Service Center so that correspondence goes to your new address. Make sure you do both, since the two systems aren't connected.

Originally posted by vsc_babu
Also update your address by calling BCIS at (800) 375-5283

TheRealCanadian and VSC_babu,

Right now I am in CA and my employer is in Boston and address on my 485 application is of my lawyer's (Boston address). So If I file AR-11, does it trigger a RFE (transferred to CSC) ?

:confused:

RD061702