Do I need FP for EAD/AP?

ixora78

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I am planning to file I140 and I485 concurrently. I will also applying the EAD and AP for my wife who is now holding H4 and working in Europe. So, I wonder do I need to have FP after applying for the EAD? If so, when it would be after the application? Would this FP similar to the one for I485 or we need to do another one later?

Hi ixora,
You have to go for FP after you file I-485. It may take 1 month to few months depending on your priority date and the service center you apply.
I didn't understand your question
"Would this FP similar to the one for I485 or we need to do another one later?"

Also, once you get the FP notice your wife hardly has any time (3-4days) to go for FP, so tell your wife to be prepared to return to US when FP notice is sent.

Hope this helps.

ixora78 said:
Hi!

I am planning to file I140 and I485 concurrently. I will also applying the EAD and AP for my wife who is now holding H4 and working in Europe. So, I wonder do I need to have FP after applying for the EAD? If so, when it would be after the application? Would this FP similar to the one for I485 or we need to do another one later?

I got my FP notice less than 2 weeks after my I-485 was received at TSC. And the appointment was scheduled for only 3 days later! Of course, there is a grace period of 1-2 months if you can't appear on the scheduled date (or at least there was a grace period on my notice), but nevertheless your wife's schedule would have to be flexible enough to return to the US shortly after you get an FP notice for her. Failure to appear for an FP appointment can have negative effect on your case, in the worst case scenario - that of the denial of the whole I-485 package.