Do I have to reapply for mom?

DJdeMarco

Registered Users (C)
About 3-4 years ago I applied for GC for my parents which got approved and they came here. After a few months they left US. Since then my dad has come back every year to visit us while my mom has not been back for last 3 years. They both still have GCs.

Will my mom have any problem entring US if she comes here? She did not acquire Advance Parole document before she left so do I have to apply for her GC all over again? Can she get any documents to show at the port of entry that she's been out of the US because of medical reasons?

Thank you.

(PS: Does anyone know why CA Service Center is stuck on Feb 5 2003 for I130 for last 4-5 months?)

Your mom's GC is invalid now as she didnt maintain the residence here or keep on coming to uS every 6 months. Since she didnt take the re-entry permit either(which allows to be away for 2 yrs), she will have problem at PORT of ENTRY...

goodluck

Thank you SWaiting. Does that mean I should reapply for her GC (I130)? Would it make more sense to get a multi-visit visitor visa instead of having to reapply for I130? I know she will not live here for long and will go back.

Thank you.

DJDemarco,
If she doesnt intend to keep her trips more than 6 months at a time and is not planning to live in US permamently then your best bet will be the Visitors visa...

goodluck