1. The forums will be down July 21 weekend due to server being moved by our host. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks.
    Dismiss Notice

Do F1 students need transit visa for UK?

Discussion in 'UK- Visiting, Living in, Moving to or Moving From' started by spiderneome, Dec 24, 2017.

  1. spiderneome

    spiderneome New Member

    I'm studying on an F1 visa in the US and am travelling to India in December on a BA flight via London. I have a valid passport and a valid and current visa. Do I need to apply for a transit visa for my 3-hour stopover in London? I don't plan to step out of the airport.

    Please help!
  2. SusieQQQ

    SusieQQQ Well-Known Member

    If you are flying to the US with a valid visa for there you get a waiver for needing a transit visa in the UK.
  3. Miranda Rost

    Miranda Rost New Member

    Agree! Traveling by land does not require a transit visa, only by flying to the UK.

Share This Page