DIY Kits-Please read

leroythelion

Registered Users (C)
In the future, I will be removing all posts that sweepingly dismisses immigration attorneys as a waste of money followed by a link to just one DIY kit. If it looks and smells like spam, it probably is spam. Criticism (and praise) of attorneys and the work they do is part of this board and I wouldn't want somebody who really needs legal help to be lured into a false sense of security for $59.99+tax. If you want to talk about DIY kits, at least mention more than one or talk specifically about how a particular kit helped you out. This is a very good board with a high signal to noise level and it has required very little intervention from me. I would like to keep it that way.

Thanks,

Brian

leroythelion said:
In the future, I will be removing all posts that sweepingly dismisses immigration attorneys as a waste of money followed by a link to just one DIY kit. If it looks and smells like spam, it probably is spam. Criticism (and praise) of attorneys and the work they do is part of this board and I wouldn't want somebody who really needs legal help to be lured into a false sense of security for $59.99+tax. If you want to talk about DIY kits, at least mention more than one or talk specifically about how a particular kit helped you out. This is a very good board with a high signal to noise level and it has required very little intervention from me. I would like to keep it that way.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian, what is your problem? so many people do self filing and get their green card approved. why do you think one can not get GC in $59.99, large money can not be the guarantee of approval. Do you think by removing the discussion about Do-it-yourself greencard, you can stop people from using those kits and can force them to go to attorney. I think it will really be very difficult, anybody can write these words in google and can get the link.

Honghui:

I think you probably mis-understood Brian. He did not mean to stop people from talking about DIY kits. He just wanted to eliminate the spams and advertisements. I think he is posting a very reasonable and good request, by asking people to talk about some specific details how a DIY kit is helping him/her.

flyfly

honghui said:
Brian, what is your problem? so many people do self filing and get their green card approved. why do you think one can not get GC in $59.99, large money can not be the guarantee of approval. Do you think by removing the discussion about Do-it-yourself greencard, you can stop people from using those kits and can force them to go to attorney. I think it will really be very difficult, anybody can write these words in google and can get the link.

Easy, cowboy.

Brian

jmxu said:
Honghui:

I think you probably mis-understood Brian. He did not mean to stop people from talking about DIY kits. He just wanted to eliminate the spams and advertisements. I think he is posting a very reasonable and good request, by asking people to talk about some specific details how a DIY kit is helping him/her.

flyfly

Exactly!

Brian

leroythelion said:

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,

Will you also remove those threads that are simply directing you to an immigration attorney without apparent reason?

Cheers for the holidays,

GoFast

GoFast said:
Brian,

Will you also remove those threads that are simply directing you to an immigration attorney without apparent reason?

Cheers for the holidays,

GoFast

GoFast's quention remains unanswered!!!
But the most important point is: why attorneys are so afraid of DIY kits :confused: ?
DIY kits taking away their business :D , right!
More and more people are doing self petitioning, this is really a bad situation :eek: for attorneys.

alex2 said:
But the most important point is: why attorneys are so afraid of DIY kits :confused: ?
DIY kits taking away their business :D , right!
More and more people are doing self petitioning, this is really a bad situation :eek: for attorneys.

There are hardly any direct links to specific attorneys in this forum but there are (were) a lot of direct links to DIY kits. And it is certainly not true that attorneys are afraid of DIY kits. It is more that the attorneys I talked to (that were quite a lot) hope that people read first a DIY kit so that they collect the right evidences for their cases (escpecially get excellent reference letters etc.) which makes the whole cases easier for the attorney and his client and more successful.

alex2 said:

To answer GoFast's question, all spam will be deleted. All moderator's have Rajiv's absolute support in this matter. Legitamite legal referals or posts from lawyers offering free legal thoughts will NOT be deleted.

Brian

leroythelion said:
All moderator's have Rajiv's absolute support in this matter. Legitamite legal referals or posts from lawyers offering free legal thoughts will NOT be deleted.

Brian
My freinds have advised me not go to Rajiv, he is not very coopertaive specially to chinese clients. I found Attorney Zhang (Zhang & Associates, P.C) very helpful, he is the best for chinese scholars.

Why a Sticky?

Why is this thread labeled as a sticky? I wasted good 5 minutes reading it to the end... since there is nothing useful in this thread it should not be a sticky...

Hi - I don't really have an answer for you, but I would suggest that you narrow it down a bit - are you looking for a school anywhere in the world? Somewhere in North Dakota? Upstate New York? If you want help I think you need to tell people the area you're looking in.

Let me "clean it up" a little for you, just the grammar...

I like tomatos, and they are good,
And chimneys possessing cockapaddles.
I am one who eats doorknobs,
And cream cheese, wondering
How many states are in the U.S.A.
But now my poem is reaching an end,
And because I like poodles, I must now
Say goodnight...
Buenos noches...

Yes, excellent poem! I don't know if you'll win...but keep up the good work...you have a natural talent for it...