• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Divorce before CP interview

wewin

our CP was scheduled this August, however, my wife and i got divorced. i am principal selectee. MY QUESTION IS.

1. WHEN I GO TO COUNSULAR PROCESSING INTERVIEW ALONE, WILL I BE DENIED FROM VISA, BECAUSE I CAME ALONE?
2. WILL IT BE OK, IF I BRING DIVORCE COURT ORDER TO THE INTERVIEW?

thank you guys in advance for your advices.

Notify KCC of the material change in your circumstances, and attend interview with your Divorce Decree. Divorce is a 'natural' thing and has been for centuries.

1. No
2. Yes
And if you do not have time to notify the KCC, I suggest you prepare the updated version of the DS-230 which would reflect your current marital status and bring it along to the interview and at the beginning notify the consular employee of the changes.
Don't worry, this shouldn't be a problem

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't be denied but you need to bring proof and if there are kids involved then they will need to have written approval from the mother to get a greencard...if your ex has gotten custody over them then the kids won't be able to get a greencard.

You need to bring official proof of the divorce and you might get some questions about it.

how about married? do i need to update my ds230 form or i just need to sent my parther ds230 form?

Both. But marriage after receiving a winning notification creates as assumption it is not genuine. That you both have to overcome.