Discussions and Questions: I140 NSC

sertra2002: One of my colleague checked for the RFE status online and he told me that on website for his case, it's saying the process will take 180 days.

You scared everyone

rseth,

You scared everyone with the "information". Actually the status always says it will take 150 to 180 days.

"It is taking between 150 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case."

This does not mean it is taking so long. People usually get a desicion within days of submitting response.

sertra2002

rseth123
I heard that INS is saying that it going to take 6 months to process RFE responses?

Is it true?
----- Where did you read that? What is your souse of info? Have you verified the source again? Now don’t come back that one of your friends told you. many has got I-140 approved with in 10 days one they recieve RFe many got approved in 20 days. no rule that after RFE they take 6 months to approve I-140 if they dont agree with RFE responce then they can also deny the I-140

naanshi,

I think I made a mistake, I think within L1 visa there is either 5(L1-B) yrs or 7yrs(L1-A) category, there is L2 visa(dependent for L1 visa) , like H4 visa for H1 employees.. My mistake..

It is not whether you are senior by qualification or experience, it is rather by the position you hold or the position you will be holding when you get the L1 visa.. Like Senior manager, Manager, etc... And in order for one to obtain L1 visa one has to be working in that company for 6 months.

More here..
http://www.path2usa.com/L- Visa.htm

Originally posted by naanshi
dasarihp_newid

Thanks for the information. I am M.E(EEE) with 10 years Experience (6 years in USA and 4 years in India). Am I senior now???:confused:

naanshi.

dasarihp_newid,

Thank You very much for your clarification. It is very helpful.

naanshi.

sertra2002 and Ginnu: I am also in the same boat, I dont want to misguide anyone with any rumors. That's why I asked "is it true".

I agree for some people its taking beween 1 week to 1 month but some are waiting from last 3-4 months( we cannot deny this fact.) Now you guys are the best judge.

Naanshi, ginnu and other experts

I know you guys have gathered much information and I value your comments very much.

My current sponsor company has around 20 employees (IT consulting) and they had negative tax return in 2001, and 2000, but showed profit of more than 50,000 dollars in 2002. Also they have very good bank statements.

I dont work for this company as my GC was filed for a future employment in EB2 category. I wonder everyday that if company's financial ability may become a reason for I-140 denial.

I'm sure that my profile was matched very well with labor certification (experience and education) which was substituted in my case.

What is your opinion about the chances of getting I-140 approved or may I get a RFE or denial all together. etc.

Your comments with chances of approval or getting RFE or denail would be highly appreciated.

Also I was wondering if there is any thing be done once RFE is denied.

Thanks

Re: Naanshi, ginnu and other experts

Originally posted by Damnit
I know you guys have gathered much information and I value your comments very much.

My current sponsor company has around 20 employees (IT consulting) and they had negative tax return in 2001, and 2000, but showed profit of more than 50,000 dollars in 2002. Also they have very good bank statements.

I dont work for this company as my GC was filed for a future employment in EB2 category. I wonder everyday that if company's financial ability may become a reason for I-140 denial.

I'm sure that my profile was matched very well with labor certification (experience and education) which was substituted in my case.

What is your opinion about the chances of getting I-140 approved or may I get a RFE or denial all together. etc.

Your comments with chances of approval or getting RFE or denail would be highly appreciated.

Also I was wondering if there is any thing be done once RFE is denied.

Thanks

"My current sponsor company has around 20 employees (IT consulting) and they had negative tax return in 2001, and 2000, but showed profit of more than 50,000 dollars in 2002. Also they have very good bank statements."

**** Profit is important here. Your company at least made some money in 2002.

"What is your opinion about the chances of getting I-140 approved or may I get a RFE or denial all together. etc."

**** It is hard to predict. Same Officer make different kind of decision for same type of cases. Mostly you will get approval. Some officers go by rule and when they see less than 100 employees, they will issue RFE. But as per your posting, your company made some profit and has good bank records. So no need to worry.

"Also I was wondering if there is any thing be done once RFE is denied."
*** Only you can go for appeal or motion to reopen and appeal is almost waste of time and money.

Don't loose your hope.

naanshi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Naanshi for your time and sharing your expertise

Thanks Naanshi for your time and sharing your expertise.

Hi naanshi

Are these approvals EB2 or EB3

Are all these approvals EB2 or EB3. I thought EB3 was faster than EB2. But according to www.aila.org it says EB2 08/27/03 and EB3 as 05/26/2003.

That is a suprise or dates entered wrongly

Anyone any thoughts

:eek:

Following case got approved today.

LIN0325550071 RFE recvd 12/29/03 RFE recvd

naanshi.

My I-140 is in the EB2-RIR-CP category and the notice date in May 2, 2003 .

The INS Website says this category is current as of Aug 27, 2003, but when I put my LIN # in the case status check form, it is still not approved.

What should I do ... help !

do I need I 140 approval to get EAD

I am planning to apply for I 140/485 concurrent.
My wife is waiting for EAD. Do I need to get I 140 approval before she gets the EAD??
Also where can I find current dates for I 140/485?
Sorry I am new to this
Thanks

I 140 APPROVED

RD AUG 15, 2002/EB3/RIR/CONCURRENT.

It took me a little longer than others but it is ok.

Thanks everyone for maintaining this form.

Re: do I need I 140 approval to get EAD

Starter,

In concurrent filing, you and your wife will get the EAD within 2-1/2 months. No need to get the 140 approved. You follow the forum that says the Nebraska Excel Scanner, and find the current dates for 140.

jaiganesh

Originally posted by Starter
I am planning to apply for I 140/485 concurrent.
My wife is waiting for EAD. Do I need to get I 140 approval before she gets the EAD??
Also where can I find current dates for I 140/485?
Sorry I am new to this
Thanks

bsk2,

Why did your 140 take about 1-1/2 yrs, whereas everybody else are getting the 140 approvals, who are filed in August, 2003 ?

Any serious RFE's?

jaiganesh

Originally posted by bsk2
I 140 APPROVED

RD AUG 15, 2002/EB3/RIR/CONCURRENT.

It took me a little longer than others but it is ok.

Thanks everyone for maintaining this form.

cp_junky,

Since the official date is Aug 27th, you can now call the NSC and ask them about your application.

jaiganesh.

Originally posted by cp_junky
My I-140 is in the EB2-RIR-CP category and the notice date in May 2, 2003 .

The INS Website says this category is current as of Aug 27, 2003, but when I put my LIN # in the case status check form, it is still not approved.

What should I do ... help !

jaiganesh,

I tried that yesterday, they are saying only my attorney can call and find out the details. All they are telling me is that it is not yet approved. But they canot tell me why !

Is this true ? Can only my attorney inquire ?

This week is almost gone, still no news for my RFE response.
Hope all RFEers can get some good news next week!