Direct Reports

No.
What Job functions are you performing, and what TN category does the job, and your past credentials qualify for.

I will be applying under Accountant category and I am a CPA. The employer is mentioning the title as Accountant ( Finance Manager ) but in brackets mentioning the internal title.

If there is no mention of direct reports, would the Title work - Accountant ( Finance Manager)? Please advise or I won't go to border if it is sure rejection case.

Is managing those direct reports the important part of your job, or is it being an accountant. You can't leave out an important task just to satisfy TN, if you are not doing a TN job. That is tailoring.

Whay are they insistant on calling you a manager (rather than just asking for accountant TN) if you that isn't a big part of your job? Sounds like it is.

Its not a big part of the job as the direct reports are going to be a dotted line and not exactly direct reports. As its a small company, the original title was senior financial analyst but i requested to be finance manager which may help me in my career and they agreed to it. The 90% of the job is related to finance/accounting like budgeting, month end close etc.

Please advise whether Accountant ( Finance Manager ) would work?

Last edited:
The most important thing they look

JOB DUTIES / DESCRIPTION
NAFTA category
min. EDU Credentials required in that category

My recent experience says- keep the letters very very short and simple dont describe 'glorify' yourself nor put too much company info ....CBP officer was very very nice, read only TN cover letter and asked me my highest edu qualification.
My TN cover letter was only two pages. brief company info, category, five-seven most imp. job duties in bullet points using layman terms- not too much technical words, pay $X annually with std benefits, upto 3 year duration, start date ' After getting TN status report to our XXX office next business day".

I think sp1976's response was sufficient. Please don't ask for specific responders, especially not repeatedly. I don't work for you.