• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Different reasons for the refusal of DV visa???

gabam

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,
I hope everyone is fit and fine. There are some unversially accepted reasons for the refusal of visa, like

1) Health issues
2) Crime, terrorism etc
3) Fake documents
4) Probability of becoming public charge
5) Not meeting the education or work requirements.

Apart from the above reasons, could there be some other very unfortunate, and uncommon circumstances under which one could be denied the DV visa? I am sure any sane person wouldn't dare to appear for the interview who has got the above 5 qualities in himself/herself. Because his visa denial would be inevitable if the above cases. I am just asking for any unheard and very rare reasons for visa denial, which a normal applicant has no idea about. Your thoughts? Also, does anyone know of a person who was denied DV visa, and what was really the reason behind the denial? Please share with us if you know such a case.

Thanks
Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
6) previous status violations (3 and 10 years bar)
7) unauthorized employment

There was a case few weeks ago in my country when the family of four was denied visas based on public charge.

6) previous status violations (3 and 10 years bar)

There was a case few weeks ago in my country when the family of four was denied visas based on public charge.

Thanks. So, the list is updated now. Let's wait and see what other gays have to say.

1) Health issues
2) Crime, terrorism etc
3) Fake documents
4) Probability of becoming public charge
5) Not meeting the education or work requirements.
6) previous status violations (3 and 10 years ban)

Unusual refusal case

Hi everyone! I am looking for help. I hope that someone can do it..because now I am devastating
This is my situation.
I became a winner of DV lottery in 2011, but for some reasons I sent all documents to KCC just in august 2012. Everything was ideal. I am a student with bachelor degree. I haven't worked yet. I was in US several times. I don't have any offenses. I have financial support, moreover I have a lot of relatives in US who became citizens many years ago and who are also ready to support me at first time (not direct relatives). I had a lot of future plans concerning US namely education, internships and so on... . The interview was appointed in the last week of august. All documents were prepared carefully except financial and medical. By the way the consul told me that everithing is ok and everything as I need is to send all required documents to consulate. My passport was taken for further process. My medical exp. was ready at the same day, and I left it in consulate. (It was delivered immediately). I sent financial documents though e-mail (because I live in another city as opposed to city where consulate is situated) and it was the biggest mistake which I ever did. They lost it or if be more accurate they didn't receive it at all. I surprisingly knew it when fiscal year was over (on 1st of october). It was a technical failuare or smth I don't know what. But in fact, they didn't approved visa. I sent an e-mail and they said that it was too late. The fiscal year is over and I couldn't do nothing. I was shocked a bit, because it wasn't any strong reason. I did all what I was asked to do. And the result is so.
I will really appreciate if someone can give me advice or smth else. What can I do? Everywhere I heard only one answer - you can do nothing, the law is so that your case is valid during fiscal year and no longer.

Hi everyone! I am looking for help. I hope that someone can do it..because now I am devastating
This is my situation.
I became a winner of DV lottery in 2011, but for some reasons I sent all documents to KCC just in august 2012. Everything was ideal. I am a student with bachelor degree. I haven't worked yet. I was in US several times. I don't have any offenses. I have financial support, moreover I have a lot of relatives in US who became citizens many years ago and who are also ready to support me at first time (not direct relatives). I had a lot of future plans concerning US namely education, internships and so on... . The interview was appointed in the last week of august. All documents were prepared carefully except financial and medical. By the way the consul told me that everithing is ok and everything as I need is to send all required documents to consulate. My passport was taken for further process. My medical exp. was ready at the same day, and I left it in consulate. (It was delivered immediately). I sent financial documents though e-mail (because I live in another city as opposed to city where consulate is situated) and it was the biggest mistake which I ever did. They lost it or if be more accurate they didn't receive it at all. I surprisingly knew it when fiscal year was over (on 1st of october). It was a technical failuare or smth I don't know what. But in fact, they didn't approved visa. I sent an e-mail and they said that it was too late. The fiscal year is over and I couldn't do nothing. I was shocked a bit, because it wasn't any strong reason. I did all what I was asked to do. And the result is so.
I will really appreciate if someone can give me advice or smth else. What can I do? Everywhere I heard only one answer - you can do nothing, the law is so that your case is valid during fiscal year and no longer.

Sorry, dear. I will give the same answer that anybody could give you, you can do nothing about it. I don't want to sound harsh. But you did mistakes after mistakes. First of all, why did you send the documents so late. Secondly, why sending everything by email. You should have sent it through a reliable courier service. Why did you take this lifetime opportunity so lightly. Sorry dear, if I have said anything harsh. Best of lucky for DV-2014. Let's see what the other guys have to say

Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, dear. I will give the same answer that anybody could give you, you can do nothing about it. I don't want to sound harsh. But you did mistakes after mistakes. First of all, why did you send the documents so late. Secondly, why sending everything by email. You should have sent it through a reliable courier service. Why did you take this lifetime opportunity so lightly. Sorry brother, if I have said anything harsh. Best of lucky for DV-2014. Let's see what the other guys have to say

Best of luck!

Thanks a lot. I understand, but I am a student now. I got bachelor in this summer and currently I am continuing my education. I will graduate in 2013 so I will free of any obligations and could build my life in US. But before it was difficult for me to leave university. I am just 21 years old now. And one of the main requirment is to be in US more than half of the year. Which was a little bit impossible.
Thanks one more time. I hope that not everytning is lost.

You can be denied for sham marriage, that is a marriage done just to take advantage of DV visa. Example: a single man wins the DV then offers any woman to marry him for a price, just so she can get a green card.

If you have a child that you don't include in the DV entry but applied visa for, you will be denied as well.

If you lie in your application about anything, they will deny you forever.

Thanks a lot. I understand, but I am a student now. I got bachelor in this summer and currently I am continuing my education. I will graduate in 2013 so I will free of any obligations and could build my life in US. But before it was difficult for me to leave university. I am just 21 years old now. And one of the main requirment is to be in US more than half of the year. Which was a little bit impossible.
Thanks one more time. I hope that not everytning is lost.
Sorry to say this, but there is absolutely nothing you can do to take advantage of that winning today. There is a case precedent where a federal court decided that the law does not allow the DHS to issue any DV visa after the calendar year.

Better luck next time.

You can be denied for sham marriage, that is a marriage done just to take advantage of DV visa. Example: a single man wins the DV then offers any woman to marry him for a price, just so she can get a green card.

If you have a child that you don't include in the DV entry but applied visa for, you will be denied as well.

If you lie in your application about anything, they will deny you forever.

I am not married. I don't have children. I didn't lie, becuase I had no reason to lie. I excluded it at all. The reason is lack of documents which I submitted as early as I could do it after interview. But they didn't receive it (as they said).

One more: if you have been removed (deported) from the U.S. it's a 5-year bar of entry.

I am not married. I don't have children. I didn't lie, becuase I had no reason to lie. I excluded it at all. The reason is lack of documents which I submitted as early as I could do it after interview. But they didn't receive it (as they said).

That post was addressed to the original poster on the top of the thread, not to you. I think you should create your own thread so as not to confuse people.

Sorry to say this, but there is absolutely nothing you can do to take advantage of that winning today. There is a case precedent where a federal court decided that the law does not allow the DHS to issue any DV visa after the calendar year.

Better luck next time.

Thanks for reply. But have you ever heard about any exclusions? Is it really impossible. I understand that the law is dominant but how about mistakes which lead to result describing above.

Thanks for reply. But have you ever heard about any exclusions? Is it really impossible. I understand that the law is dominant but how about mistakes which lead to result describing above.

There is no exclusion that I'm aware of. In that particular court case it was actually the fault of DHS, but still the judge couldn't order the DHS to do something it's not allowed to do. You can always ask an immigration attorney. He will give you the same answer, but at least you'll feel better knowing that you asked a professional instead of a random forum member.

There is no exclusion that I'm aware of. In that particular court case it was actually the fault of DHS, but still the judge couldn't order the DHS to do something it's not allowed to do. You can always ask an immigration attorney. He will give you the same answer, but at least you'll feel better knowing that you asked a professional instead of a random forum member.

Ok. Thank you guys. It is difficult to realize but so it's fact. May be it is really not 'my green card' and another opportunity is waiting for me. Who knows. Good lesson and useful experience. A lot of people think that the lack of documents is not strong reason for refusal as crime or lie but as it turned out it claims to be very strong.

Ok. Thank you guys. It is difficult to realize but so it's fact. May be it is really not 'my green card' and another opportunity is waiting for me. Who knows. Good lesson and useful experience. A lot of people think that the lack of documents is not strong reason for refusal as crime or lie but as it turned out it claims to be very strong.
You are denied because they can not legally give you a DV visa after the fiscal year is over. You can meet all the requirements, but there's nothing they can do after September 30th.

CN : 2013AS00009***
1st NL Checked : 1st May 2012
Sent Forms to KCC : 28th May 2012
KCC Confirmation : I phoned and confirmed (Nov 08/2012)
PCC : Going on
Medicals : Not yet
Interview : ?
POE : ?

Hi friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question regarding the expiry date of police report. I have been in four countries (Including Sri Lanka). I have applied for police reports in all four countries, I have already got two of them (including the country currently where I live). I left Sri Lanka in 1989. In this situation, Will US Embassy still consider the expiry date of Sri Lankan police report? Because I have not been living in Sri Lanka last 23 years. I believe the expiry date of police report is applicable (should be considered) for the current country where I live.

Please advice.

Thanks

Kuna

CN : 2013AS00009***

Hi friends,
I hope everyone is doing well. I have a question regarding the expiry date of police report. I have been in four countries (Including Sri Lanka). I have applied for police reports in all four countries, I have already got two of them (including the country currently where I live). I left Sri Lanka in 1989. In this situation, Will US Embassy still consider the expiry date of Sri Lankan police report? Because I have not been living in Sri Lanka last 23 years. I believe the expiry date of police report is applicable (should be considered) for the current country where I live.

Please advice.

Thanks

Kuna

Well, you have to ask these things from the US embassy in your country. We are not in a position to tell you about the police certificate thing, it is very critical. Don't take any risks, as we already have seen someone on this forum taking things lightly and fiscal year was over, and he lost his opportunity. Please, be serious, you still have alot of time for your interview. Go to the local US embassy, and talk with them about the police certificate. Not only that, you should talk about everything with them. Best of luck! And please, could you please reveal one more digit of your case number, so tha we can have an idea of the Asia case numbers. And what do you think for the next cut-off for Asia. Any gut-feelings?

Best of luck!

CN : 2013AS000096**

Hi Gabam,

I really appreciate for your advice. I'm going to contact US Embassy to clarify.

I think for February's cut-off for Asia will be in 4400-4600 range or may be even more (time to accelerate).

My CN : 2013AS000096**

Thanks again.

Kuna

Incorrect Eligibility Country / reason to reject our application??

Hi there
Quick question - our interview is less than 3 weeks and about a month ago, consulate in Sydney here emails me saying that i apparently made mistake on my initial application and instead of country I was born at (czech republic) I put New Zealand where I lived for past 15 years since I was 16 years old. So obviously, at the time application and as I consider NZ my home, I put NZ. It is kind of confusing but anyway.
Question is whether anyone else has done this mistake and what the result was? all our other docs are clean (Cops/medicals) all education/work, etc all good, its just this silly mistake. I am hoping the office will see this was genuieu mistake and allow us to go.
Cheers David

Hi there
Quick question - our interview is less than 3 weeks and about a month ago, consulate in Sydney here emails me saying that i apparently made mistake on my initial application and instead of country I was born at (czech republic) I put New Zealand where I lived for past 15 years since I was 16 years old. So obviously, at the time application and as I consider NZ my home, I put NZ. It is kind of confusing but anyway.
Question is whether anyone else has done this mistake and what the result was? all our other docs are clean (Cops/medicals) all education/work, etc all good, its just this silly mistake. I am hoping the office will see this was genuieu mistake and allow us to go.
Cheers David

Country of chargeability is a BIG LEGAL POINT in issuing ANY US GC category, more so when it comes to GC via DV program!!!
The INSTRUCTIONS and LEGAL background on this for DV is very clear....you can be charged ONLY to your country of birth irrespective of any subsequent nationality/citizenship gained (sans few exceptions via birth country of spouse and parents)
Read this....http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf

Yours is a BIG mistake, DO NOT go ahead paying fees for intvw...you'll loose!!

Only cure now for you to go ahead is, IF and ONLY IF you got a Kiwi born spouse or a parent (parent route has some more reqmts/restrictions)

Hope this helps.

Best!