Difference between Background and name check

ZOONI

Registered Users (C)
I received a phone call from congressmen's office in the month of June 08 that my name check was clear. I had initiated service request on Aug 08 and received a letter from USCIS today saying that the background check is not yet clear.

Please advice if background check and name check is different.

I received a phone call from congressmen's office in the month of June 08 that my name check was clear. I had initiated service request on Aug 08 and received a letter from USCIS today saying that the background check is not yet clear.

Please advice if congressman office was wrong in giving information that the name check was unclear.

Please advice if congressman office was wrong in giving information that the name check was unclear.
I'm in the same situation you're in. I've had my work authorization but didn't receive any info from immigration regarding my case for almost a year. I called FBI and they told me, that my name check was clear and they sent my information back to Immigration almost a year ago, I guess before the interview, then I had to wait for a year, got tired of this uncertainty, called them again, they forwarded my request to check my case, then I received a letter which said, that they couldn't make decision on my case until my background check was completed. I believe it's not true. Background check is done either by CIA or FBI, when they check whether you're a terrorist, communist, spy, etc. or not. They say it may take years. Name check, I think, is when they check whether you are who you say you are, or something like that, I guess. Good luck to you.

guitarast can I have the phone number who you call please (FBI) ,waiting for my oath almost 7 months, now they say background check is pending or some like that,thanks!

Firstly you should have read the rules before you did anything, then you would have known what is allowed on the forum.

Secondly the rules are on the blue banner on everypage so you can click on that and read them.

Thirdly Ive done the name change for you and nothing will be lost.