Did you hear from FBI name check?

I received a reply from FBI on 10/19 that my name check is still pending (had requested them to expedite my name check). I faxed them on 9/20 (guess they are still taking faxes).
Inquired thru senator, told me that name check is pending, can't help much with that.
Gurus, Please let me know the other options ??

rajudm said:
What was the reason you give for expediting name check? I see your RD is in 2004.
rajudm,

The reason:
According to your email, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) had requested FBI to conduct the name check for my immigration processing on January 29, 2004. But my name check has been pending since then.

I have received the results in response to my FOIPA request. The letter said that a search of the automated indices to your central records system files indicates “No records”.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Gc_09_2003

I don't know whether USCIS has initiated name check process. the e-mail from FBI indicated that there were no records. It looks I need to go for FOIP to see what has happened in the processing.

Another long wait (most probably till late feb/early march)..ie when my EAD renewal will trigger something.

sb_gc said:
rajudm,

The reason:
According to your email, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) had requested FBI to conduct the name check for my immigration processing on January 29, 2004. But my name check has been pending since then.

I have received the results in response to my FOIPA request. The letter said that a search of the automated indices to your central records system files indicates “No records”.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Hi sb_gc :

What did you do after receivng the letter with “No records”? I got the same letter from them yesterday. Still we need to do something to clear the name check from FBI, and send the results to USCIS? Please share your plans on this.

Thank you....

Hey Guys,

Does every case has to be go through name check process? I got my FP1 done last week and when I called FBI number then they confirmed that result of FP checking were sent back to USCIS very same day. Does that mean name clearence is also done or USCIS randomly does it? Please clarify this. When can I expect to have my GC approved?

Thanks,

sree1965 said:
Hi sb_gc :

What did you do after receivng the letter with “No records”? I got the same letter from them yesterday. Still we need to do something to clear the name check from FBI, and send the results to USCIS? Please share your plans on this.

Thank you....
Sree,

After receiving the letter with "no records", I faxed them the letter requesting them to expedite. My plan for the future is to do nothing but just pray !!.

sb_gc said:
Sree,

After receiving the letter with "no records", I faxed them the letter requesting them to expedite. My plan for the future is to do nothing but just pray !!.

Thank you for your reply. I am also doing exactly same thing. Any how best of luck...

what is expedite....sree/sb_

How can FBI expedite when there is no record of receiving the request from USCIS. I was told by Mr. David Hardy to contact USCIS regarding my case..and they can't be of help if records are not there.

rajudm said:
How can FBI expedite when there is no record of receiving the request from USCIS. I was told by Mr. David Hardy to contact USCIS regarding my case..and they can't be of help if records are not there.

In my case FBI received from USCIS[Vermont] regarding my name check. But on Oct 7th FBI replied to my e-mail[Dt.Sep 27th] that my name check is not cleared. After that I checked if any hit on my name by Freedom of Information Privacy Act(FOIPA), and got the reply from FBI saying that "No Records" found on my name. So, I am happy that I need not worry too much, and just wait to FBI respond to the USCIS request. Meanwhile sent one more fax enclosing this "No Record" letter. Hoping that now they will clear my name check. My wife's name check was already cleared in 1 day. If my case is also cleared, I can expect my 485. Till then just PRAY...PRAY...PRAY...

E-mail From FBI :

i.e what the e-mail says.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am responding to your e-mail sent on September 27, 2004, requesting for status of an FBI Name Check.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for xxxxxxx was received on March 8, 2004 and is currently in a pending status. Due to increased national security concerns, in December 2002 to early 2003, the USCIS submitted an additional 2.7 million name checks for processing to the FBI. Although 99.5% of these cases have been completed, our efforts to wrap up the remaining requests continue. This has delayed processing of other requests.

Mr.xxxxxx, please be assured that the Immigration Authorities will be notified at the earliest possible date upon completion of your case. I am sorry we are unable to be of more assistance at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
rajudm said:
FBI cannot do anything if they haven't received a request from USCIS.
I suggest u to contact USCIS thru a senator to inquire the status about your case, it's possible that they would send the request for name-check to FBI(if they haven't done so).

You can request FBI to expedite only if FBI informs you that the status
for the name-check request is pending.

srr1965

can u explain in more detail how exactly u requested the results of Name Check Program under FOIPA. My name check is also pending since Oct 04, 2004 & got the same message from David hardy on Oct15, 2004

sree1965 said:
In my case FBI received from USCIS[Vermont] regarding my name check. But on Oct 7th FBI replied to my e-mail[Dt.Sep 27th] that my name check is not cleared. After that I checked if any hit on my name by Freedom of Information Privacy Act(FOIPA), and got the reply from FBI saying that "No Records" found on my name. So, I am happy that I need not worry too much, and just wait to FBI respond to the USCIS request. Meanwhile sent one more fax enclosing this "No Record" letter. Hoping that now they will clear my name check. My wife's name check was already cleared in 1 day. If my case is also cleared, I can expect my 485. Till then just PRAY...PRAY...PRAY...

E-mail From FBI :

i.e what the e-mail says.

I am responding to your e-mail sent on September 27, 2004, requesting for status of an FBI Name Check.

A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that a request from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for xxxxxxx was received on March 8, 2004 and is currently in a pending status. Due to increased national security concerns, in December 2002 to early 2003, the USCIS submitted an additional 2.7 million name checks for processing to the FBI. Although 99.5% of these cases have been completed, our efforts to wrap up the remaining requests continue. This has delayed processing of other requests.

Mr.xxxxxx, please be assured that the Immigration Authorities will be notified at the earliest possible date upon completion of your case. I am sorry we are unable to be of more assistance at this time.