Did you applied for 485 in July?

no rhyme or reason

We sent my I129 for H1B extension in to California SC on April 25, 2007. So it took about 10 weeks.

BTW - I applied for a 3-year extension and was given a one-year extension.

I need to change that in my signature!

Snowns:

Yes you can send the package and most likely they will send the package back to you and when the PD becomes current you have to pay whatever the new processing fees. Hope this helps.

Now I have question about H1 extension. My company applied for H1 extension in Mar22nd, 07 and it still shows "case received and pending" - in CSC service center. How long did your's take?

Thanks

Mine took about 5 months. According to what I've heard from a few of my friends' cases, it usually takes between 4 and 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Applied on July 2

My I-485 application was sent on June 30 by UPS to Nebraska Service Center, and it was delivered on July 2, at 8:46 AM according to the tracking.

By the way, my I-129 (H1-B) was received on April 25 and was approved on June22, so it took only 8 weeks (second 3-year extension).

Last edited by a moderator:
Receipt Notice/Number ??

July filers please post updates:

When you get Receipt Notice/Number ?
When Check encash ?
Which Service Center ? TSC or NSC?

Please Advise

After hearing about the 485 fiasco around July 2nd my lawyer decided
to still go ahead and file the application for my 485
This was done with the intention that just in case the lawsuit is
favourable to the applicants.

The 485 application was filed on 11th july.
No ead and ap were filed with it.

Now suddenly the news came that the 485 dates are current.

In that case my application has reached the INS but am not sure what
can be the outcome

My concern is that

1.> If the 485 application is not complete or correctly filed will it
be rejected or will they issue an RFE?

2.> If i get the rejection letter/information about my 485 after
august 17th then can i refile my application using the postmarked
application date or
do i need to wait for the priority dates to become current again?

We sent our i485, EAD and AP for me and my wife on 29th june which they should have received on 2nd July. No checks cashed yet. Will keep updating.

Snowns:

Yes you can send the package and most likely they will send the package back to you and when the PD becomes current you have to pay whatever the new processing fees. Hope this helps.

Now I have question about H1 extension. My company applied for H1 extension in Mar22nd, 07 and it still shows "case received and pending" - in CSC service center. How long did your's take?

Thanks

My company sent the package for H1 extension on the very last day of the my final date 03/10/2007. It was a 3 Yr. extension application. I received the approval on 06/11/07. USCIS case on line status site still shows " case IN process". What happened was USCIS changed its web link from old one to new one on 05/27-28/2007 and then USCIS has never updated its site for current case statuses ( This holds true for H1 statuses only..) So I believe your case also might have been approved by now. Make your lawyer to inquire about this with USCIS.

After hearing about the 485 fiasco around July 2nd my lawyer decided
to still go ahead and file the application for my 485
This was done with the intention that just in case the lawsuit is
favourable to the applicants.

The 485 application was filed on 11th july.
No ead and ap were filed with it.

Now suddenly the news came that the 485 dates are current.

In that case my application has reached the INS but am not sure what
can be the outcome

My concern is that

1.> If the 485 application is not complete or correctly filed will it
be rejected or will they issue an RFE?

Answer: You should not worry with the asumption that before signing the 485 forms you should have checked all detail on the form. Right ?!! If yes then you should have noticed the mistakes if any. If you did not chek the forms before signing then I believe you might have kept the copy with you and in that case now you check the forms and try to find if any mistake was made or not.Consult your lawyer about the impact of the mistake if you find any. Check the list of documents what you sent alongwith the form and if you have missed any document , discuss with the lawyer about probable impact.

2.> If i get the rejection letter/information about my 485 after
august 17th then can i refile my application using the postmarked
application date or
do i need to wait for the priority dates to become current again?

Note: Your application will not be rejected on the basis of your filing date 07/11/07 so do not worry at all about this part.

Please see my answers as above.

We (Wife + 2 kids + Myself) filed our all applications (485 + AP + EAD). Applications delivered to USCIS on 07/12/07.

Cybersoftec Victims

"Are there any 2005 cybersoftec

victims filing the 485 application

again this time? If so are they

doing anything different this time

especially how are they handling

the fact that their 485 application

was denied the first time?

Sent on 19th of July

My AOS pacakge (I-485, EAD, AP) along with my wife's was sent on 19th July 07.

Receipt Notice?

It takes 25 days to get the Receipt Number/ Notice and 35 days to get FP Notice from the date USCIS Receives the package. I guess USCIS is sending Receipt Notices to those who file in last week of June, 2007. So we have to wait couple of weeks more.