Did not file AC21

del0175

Registered Users (C)
After my I-140 was approved and I-485 had been pending for 180 days, I was laid off and I started working for another employer. I did not file any AC21 documents (my ignorance and the sponsoring company's attorneys to ignore me after employer stopped paying for my case) and within a few months my Green Card arrived in the mail five years ago.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I am wondering if it will create problems while applying for naturalization?

Congratulations on you green card.
As for the AC21 issue, forget about it. You're free to work for whoever you like and wherever you like in whatever job you like. It doesn't matter any more that you didn't file it, as the 485 is approved.
No one knows whether or not a case like yours would cause trouble during naturalization.
Hence you'll get all possible opinions for this.
Just in case, make sure you keep the offer letter from your new employer and make sure that the job duties are same/similar to that of your old job.

After my I-140 was approved and I-485 had been pending for 180 days, I was laid off and I started working for another employer. I did not file any AC21 documents (my ignorance and the sponsoring company's attorneys to ignore me after employer stopped paying for my case) and within a few months my Green Card arrived in the mail five years ago.
---------------------file for the naturalization AFTER 5 years (or 5 years and 2 months later from the GC approved Date) naturalization form only ask Employment history of 5 years.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? I am wondering if it will create problems while applying for naturalization?
----I dont think you will have problems
------------------

Thank you both for your insights. It really clarified my issue and now I realize how unimportant it is -- after looking at the USCIS website I realized that they do not have a "form" to submit AC21; in other words, it is not a "MUST." Generally when the USCIS wants something they have a very clear requirement and a specific form # to be used.