Did it happened to anybody??

rsekhark

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
I filed for my I-485 in CSC on 05/02/2002 and receipt# is wac 02-181-5****. I informed change of address on 07/13/04 and also initiated an phone enquiry the same day, because I didn't get my 2nd fp notice yet.Last touch date on my application was 04/07/2004 and it changed to 07/30/04. From 07/30/2004 onwards the automated message system says "NO case with this receipt# can be found" and online message says "We responded to your request with more information concerning your case blah blah". I did not receive anything in mail till yesterday. Did it happened to anybody else?? I'm really worried because I've waited long enough.
Thanks,RK

Mine has been gone for over a month now. Similar circumstances. Others seem to have reappeared after disappearing.

rsekhark said:
Hi Folks,
I filed for my I-485 in CSC on 05/02/2002 and receipt# is wac 02-181-5****. I informed change of address on 07/13/04 and also initiated an phone enquiry the same day, because I didn't get my 2nd fp notice yet.Last touch date on my application was 04/07/2004 and it changed to 07/30/04. From 07/30/2004 onwards the automated message system says "NO case with this receipt# can be found" and online message says "We responded to your request with more information concerning your case blah blah". I did not receive anything in mail till yesterday. Did it happened to anybody else?? I'm really worried because I've waited long enough.
Thanks,RK
Stay Cool Friend and Relax, This is nothing new, Lots of Folks out here have experienced the same.

Cases reappeared after a few days and few weeks in several cases. Lo and Behold in some cases a pleasant surprise in the form of approval appeared too for some folks.

So take deep breath and try and stay calm, nothing to worry.

If you are the types who gets tense often, then please try and call USCIS customer service # 1-800-375-5283 and be prepared to be on the phone patiently for 30-45 minutes before some one talks on the other side and explain your situation, it might prompt a case inquiry and things might start moving on your case.

Have your WAC#, A#, Notice Date, Receipt Date all handy so that you don't have to search them while on phone with USCIS

I changed my address on June 21st. I checked and re-checked that the change is taken place. But i got a letter confirming the change on July 22nd.

Aug 2nd, my wife got 2nd fp notice with a attached envelope which shows that the fp was mailed to my old address on July 6th. The new envelope in which the fp came was dated july 30th.

My guess is that the change of address does not take affect immediately or even in few days of your request to change it ???