Did I make it complicated ?

GCJhalak

Registered Users (C)
My 2nd FP notice was lost in mail as I changed my address some time ago. I can say it is lost in mail as my lawyer got one but not me.

I called CIS and informed them that I might have lost the FP notice they sent me which was scheduled for June month end. The polite officer/Customer Serv. Rep. said, he'll generate one and I should get it within 30 days.

I was happy.

But in the mean time, my lawyer forwarded it to me the old FP notice [ the one I thought lost in mail ]. Though it is in June month end, I went for an early FP in May month end and got finger printed.

Everything is going great.

Suddenly, I received another FP notice scheduled to appear in June month end as well. Now I am confused .... this new FP notice is due to my request in the past as I assumed I lost [ I did loose it ] the old FP in mail.

Now the questions are ....

Should I GO AGAIN for FP

OR

Talk to the REP and cancel this new FP request saying that, I've already provided the FP ??

OR

This new notice will get cancelled automatically as I appeared for an earlier FP ?

What are my options ?
Please let me know.

- Jha

have you checked your case status? has CIS received your FP results? if so, then you don't have to worry about the second FP notice... else you can go again and get 'em redone.... just in case!

i kind of had a similar situation... i received a FP notice at my previous employers address, which they forwarded to me... i used that notice to get FP done in another state (Tx) (before the scheduled date)... in the mean time, my lawyer replied to CIS that I have moved from CA to TX and it would be nice if they can reschedule the FP... after few weeks i got another FP notice, even though my case status showed FP results were already received (which i had got done based on first forwarded notice)..... i just replied to ASC with the FP receipt that i have already got my FP done and my case status has been updated accordingly..... i guess, people at ASC, either have too much time or don't understand a simple reply, they in fact, re-scheduled by FP again! :) this time i just ignored the notice... as suggested by my lawyer, since CIS had already received the FP....

bottom line, getting FP done once is suffice (as long as they don't expire 18 mth period) provided ur case status gets updated accordingly.... :)

Need not worry

You can go check in the Local office. They will ask you not to worry. Last year some people have received 3 rd FP notice just after doing second FP. Since FP are not expired Local office told them not required do it another time. You have not made it complicated or any thing. For your satisfaction you can go and check with your local office.