Did anyone ever receive Emergency AP? Help Please!!

get_a_life

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
I know this topic is offline in this forum. But I thought some experienced guys here would be able to answer this. Sorry for the trouble.

I applied for AP along with concurrent filing on 4 th Oct 2002 at CSC. My EAD is approved but AP is yet to be approved. Meanwhile my H1 Visa expired last week.

I am in need of an AP. I hear the term "Emergency AP" often. So I searched this forum for clues to getting one. Unfortunately, I did not find any experiences of folks who successfully got emergency AP.

I will really appreciate if someone can throw some light on how to get an emergency AP? And what are the related issues?

Jaxen ,SM and other experienced folks , please help!!

Thanks in advance.

INS Los Angeles

My wife and myself went to INS LA today morning to get "Urgent" AP. We had with us the itinerary for her flights next week. They accepted that and issued the AP today itself.

You stand in the line early morning (4-5AM) and then get a token to go upstairs to room 2050 at around 10 AM. At that time they ask you questions on when you applied etc and what is the emergency and then ask you to come back at 3PM to pick up AP

We basically applied to the LA office a month ago by mail and they sent us the reciept in mail but no AP, so we decided to go in person and things worked out ok.

NOW, because you applied to CSC directly, you may have to go to Laguna Niguel and they give out ONLY 100 TOKENS each morning...that is right, 100 TOKENS each morning for all applicants regardless of case type. So I do not know how early you have to stand in line there ....

OR, apply for a fresh AP in person at either LA or Santa Ana office (by paying the fee again) and get your AP in a day or so. Santa Ana is friendly I hear.

Good luck.

some more questions greg..

Thanks Greg for the reply.
Please take time to answer this questions too.

Is there any validity associated with the AP? Can I not go to Sanfrancisco (instead of Laguna nigaul) to get emergency AP?
Does BCIS ask for proof of emergency and Flight tickets etc? Did they verify it?

Thanks

need help urgently ..regarding AP

My case is a bit different.

I filled my AP in 01/06/2003....I was waiting for approval as I need to travel by next week. Have my air tickets booked already. Found my case approved on the web on 28th Feb. But in the mean time after I had filed my AP I had to shift San Diego from LA due to my job. Notied INS immediately after I shifted here. I have given a permanent change of address in the local post office at LA too ..and I am getting all mails redirected here...But I didn't receive my AP yet. Can anyone suggest me how to get an AP using what I can travel? I have just 1 week in hand. Couldn't get through to speak to an officer for the last 3-4 days.

Shall I go to the Laguna Niguel (CSC centre ) or go for an Expedited AP ?

Please advice ..
Thanks

my_dream

get_a_life :

My wife's AP was issued for one year. You can go to any local office that serves your area; if SF serves your area, you can go there. BUT, if you already applied to Laguna Niguel, then you might have to PAY AGAIN to SF to get you AP; because usually they do not transfer AP files (what LA office told us)

We have itineraries available; I am sure you can get one printed without buying it :)

the_dream:

Unfortunately, it might take foreever to get your AP in mail from Laguna because of addres change.......

if the travel is urgent, I suggest you go to Santa Ana or LA and pay again and get the AP. Tell them it is already approved at CSC and see if they will waive the fee....

AP approved.

Hi guys,
Our AP got approved today. RD( 8 oct 2002). Thanks for guys
who responded to my question about Emergency AP.