Did anybody get approved without TB skin test?

Basically, yes, it's mandatory. But it doesn't have to be a one at your civil surgeon's, as long as you meet the CDC's recommendation. My case was the latter; I got approved without a skin test at the civil surgeon's, but I had had a test (+ve) and x-ray before here in the U.S. He noted that on my I-693. No skin test, just an x-ray, no REF, and I got approved.

Just checking if TB skin test is mandatory for AOS approval..

I am talking about TB SKIN test. Did anybody get approved without skin test AND without doctor explaining why skin test was not done?

It happened for some old timers like cases before 2005, but nowadays this rule is carried out more strict than ever before. What is your 485 RD and service center?

Both my wife and I received RFE's for the TB skin test last year, even though we had the xrays done.

We had the skin test and got approvals as soon as the visa was available.

My friend who had used the doctor had the same thing happen.

The doctor said it was something new that they brought up in 2007, and that he had a lot of people with clean xrays and then come back for the skin test which they failed and then still got the GCs.

Good luck.

mmlulin,

Which service center, NSC or TSC? What is your 485 RD?

Not necessarily. I just got approved without TB test, no explanation on the I-693 form. NO REF either. I think that they are rushing to meet the Mrach 10 deadline set by themself. Medically, it is rediculous to demand a TB if X-ray is negative.

On Jan 3rd 2008 me & my wife recieved RFE for TB skin test as first time we took the X-ray.
Iam waiting for April VISA bulliten as there is strong hope that EB2 India VISA numbers will be avaliable again, hoping for my case decision.

Approval with no TB skin test on primary

I received my approval this morning (3/10). While my wife had an RFE for the TB skin test, I did not.

Her case is still pending... (RFE received 2/20.)

We've been waiting for over 6 months after responding to TB SKIN TEST but no updates so far.

Hoping to get a positive response soon.