Detainees in US detention centres

Ja_007

Hi,

I have a relative who illegally entered the United States through Mexico in 2013. Once they arrived in the US, they filed a case with the IC(immigration court) for a stay order in the country. Their case was denied and even applied for an appeal for the same case and in 2014 the appeal was denied also. Just last week, this relative of mine attended a court hearing at which they were detained and is now at a Atlanta, Georgia detention centre.

My question is; what can be done to have this person released from the detention centre(this individual doesn't have any crime history). And if we don't know yet anything about a set deportation date, how long can this person be kept in a detention centre?

Any or all help is much appreciated. Thank you.
modify_inline.gif

I have a relative who illegally entered the United States through Mexico in 2013.

My question is; what can be done to have this person released from the detention centre(this individual doesn't have any crime history).
modify_inline.gif

I'm no expert, but entering the US illegally IS a crime, and thus constitutes criminal history.

Did they set a bail for him? If so pay it. otherwise he might need a lawyer to ask the judge for a bail.
in border towns they used to deport people with bus daily but i'm not sure if it's still the same.
if not normally he should have a master hearing where he can ask for voluntary departure.

He has requested for a bond in writing. How long will it take for any type of response to come regarding his bond?