desi145 Approved!! It's the time to disco!

desi145

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Just got 8 wonderful emails ( 4 approval emails per each applicant) stating 485 approved.

Here is my case details. Complete process took 3.5 yrs.
CSC-EB2 case (famous *151-031 LC code)

SESA RD - Aug 2001
Assessment Notice from SESA - June 2002
DOL RD - Aug 2002
3-option letter from DOL - May 2003
re-advertise and sent response - July 2003.
LC Approved - Aug 2003

I-140 RD - Aug 2003 ( didn't apply I-485, was planning for CP.)
I-140 didn't get approved quickly so, applied 485.
I-485 RD - Dec 2003
FBI NameCheck started - Jan 2004
EAD1/AP1 Approved - Feb 2004
FP - April 2004
I-140 Approved - Oct 2004
started bugging INS/FBI for name check. Wrote several emails/faxes/snail mails to congresswoman,senator,david hardy,william horton..etc.
FBI NameCheck completed - Early Feb 2005.
EAD2/AP2 RD - Dec 2004
AP2 approved - Early Feb 2005.
I-485 approved - Feb 2005

I would sincerely like to thank Mr.Rajeev Khanna for providing this wonderful site. I wish I would have known about this site in the beginning of the process, when SESA/DOL were driving me crazy, to vent off some of my frustration. I am also thankful to power users like PhDChemist (who provided I-140 scanner), Rahul Kumar (FBI Name Check process).

Wish you all waiters speedy approvals!
I will post details of my stamping experience after it's done.

Congrats desi145. My case details are very similar to yours and also name check was completed Jan 2005. Hope to see some progress. Take it easy and enjoy.

Congrats

Congrats desi145
one question. did u see LUD changes on ur cases prior to approval.
My case timeline is almost same as urs and hope mine gets approved soon.

congrats once again
JS

desi145,

First congrats on your approval.

I was wondering how do you guys find out about the status of your I1485 like pending name cheques etc. The receipt date for my I1485 is 10/04 and AFAIK I can only ask USCIS about the status only after the processing dates published by USCIS move beyond 10/04. IS there any other way to find out the status of your application?

Congrats desi145! Very encouraging news. My case has close dates to yours. I have the same question as mbthuglak. My lawyer sent several inquiries to USCIS a couple of months ago, and got reply as "case under detailed review". I asked my lawyer if my case was stuck by Name Check. She said if my name or my spouse's name got hits in FBI database, I might have received RFE to provide more info for our identification.

mbthuglak said:
desi145,

First congrats on your approval.

I was wondering how do you guys find out about the status of your I1485 like pending name cheques etc. The receipt date for my I1485 is 10/04 and AFAIK I can only ask USCIS about the status only after the processing dates published by USCIS move beyond 10/04. IS there any other way to find out the status of your application?

hi potter,mgthuglak,
I found out that by famous "trial-and-error" method.
First I sent couple of email inquiries to USCIS and got the same response " case is under detailed review".
Then tried calling the emergency number (949-389-3007) to talk to live person and find out the status. First couple of times didn't have luck. One lucky day, I got hold of nice asian lady, who gave me details about my name check starting date, status etc. ( I should have bought lotto that day:) )
later on, I got the same response from senator's office to confirm it.

jswaminat said:
Congrats desi145
one question. did u see LUD changes on ur cases prior to approval.
My case timeline is almost same as urs and hope mine gets approved soon.

congrats once again
JS
JS,
I did see LUD change for my 485 last week, but they approved wife's EAD and our APs that day. so, I thought they touched my 485 to approve the EAD/APs.
But if you haven't applied to EAD/AP renewal during this time and you see LUD ...meaning approval is coming ur way.

Hi Desi145,

Congrats !!!
As I told you the LUD was a good sign.. Good Luck. So it took 3 weeks after name check to get approved !!

Thanks LS_2004 and others!
LS_2004,
YES, LUD change was good sign. It took 16 days to get approval after FBI name check results sent. Also, I noticed that my case disappeared from the telephone system since last couple of days, so that could also be a sign to watch for.
Wish you all the best!

Desi: How did you find the name check status

My case is similar to yours, and i am a novice, how did you find that your name check is cleared or how long its taking and all those details. My lawyer sent couple of status requests and bcis came back with "this case is under detailed review". And my lawyer says that they will continue to do monthly inquiries with BCIS, did you call somewher eelse to figure out whats going on?

hi slow485,waiting_for_485 and others..
thank you very much for ur messages.

gc_man,
there is a thread by Rahul Kumar, which suggest all details. You can send email to fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov or send fax to FBI requesting name check status, expedite request.
Please search this forum to find thread started by Rahul Kumar.

My case was approved on Feb. 24. My case details are very similar to desi145 and my name check was cleared a couple weeks before desi145's name check. There was a LUD change before approval. Good luck every body.

Congratulations DESI145!!!

Is it must to send out request to FBI about name check?

Is there way we can find out from USCIS if teh name check has already been completed?

Thanks
-Greeny

Greeny

Thanks! I think the best way to find out is by callingl the CSC emergency phone number. In this thread, desi145 has pointed out the phone number (I think it is 949-389-3007, please check before you call). Once you know it is stuck there, write to FBI requesting for FBI clearance (again, address and template on this thread). FBI replies to your mail in 3-4 weeks (often they clear name checks if not cleared already). Then you are on your way to approval.

Good luck

Thank you delayscks.

Calling emergency number can jeopardise my AOS process?

At what stage I should initiate enquiery? Right now Cali JIT is June 30 2004 and my 485 RD is June 2004. Should I wait for a month or two before call up this
emergency number?

Thanks
-Greeny

Last edited by a moderator:
delayscks said:
My case was approved on Feb. 24. My case details are very similar to desi145 and my name check was cleared a couple weeks before desi145's name check. There was a LUD change before approval. Good luck every body.
Hi delayscks,

Congratulations !! I missed your posting about the approval... My case is similar to yours & desi145 hope to see mine to approved soon !! Enjoy the freedom!