Derivative Approval

ibcd92

Registered Users (C)
My derivative was issued supervision for shoplifting. I am a July 2002 filer. Just rec'd RFE on 9/04. You think NSC will hold our approval of I 485 or send it to local office?

ibcd92 said:
My derivative was issued supervision for shoplifting. I am a July 2002 filer. Just rec'd RFE on 9/04. You think NSC will hold our approval of I 485 or send it to local office?

Can you please elaborate what is the matter. What is the age of your derivative who involved in shoplifting.
Any case was filed for shop lifting and if so what was court judgement.
Did you mention in I-485.
Unless it is big crime which is with FBI, I do not think it is going to be a problem.
I like to share with my attorney's openion, if you give these details.
Good luck
ARB123

Last edited by a moderator:
Before or after

I am also under the same boat. Did the incident happened before of after filing i-485 ?

Legal

It happened after the filing of I 485. The derivative is over 21 years old.
Derivative and myself rec'd RFE2 on 9/1/04. What you guys think - can they still transfer our case to the local office?

What is this RFE about? Is it asking you about shoplifting incident? If not then I think you should go ahead and reply for the RFE. And keep your finger crossed. I don't think it shouldn't be a problem but I am not a legal expert.

My derivative was arrested 15 days after i filed her 485 (May-04). My AOS is pending from Mar-03, but we got an RFE regarding the clear copies of her passport and my birth certificate. But that was for my EAD renewal, her was for ead/i-130 application.
My derivative hasn't been fingerprinted once, i went thru 2 rounds of fingerprinting and expecting my 485 approval in next 3-4 mos.
I haven't yet recd RFE for her shoplifting case.
Her case will definitely be transferred to local INS once she's fingerprinted as she has an FBI arrest record but no convictions as judge dismissed her case few days ago.
Accroding to my attorney, the permanents applicant won't be delayed or RFE'd just because the derivative has an arrest record.

Just le me know from your side, if you happen to get an RFE.

Service Center =vsc

Incident

The incident happened in July 2004 and The judge issued supervision for 6 months.

Rec'd fp2 and rfe2 for my derivative on 9/04.

What do you think will happen?

I think about a month ago, there was a case approved with the person arested for something, possybly for speeding (or/and). Search on speeding and you may find him.

RFE2 Lawyer

Do you guys think the lawyer will mention in RFE2 that my derivative rec'd supervision for shoplifting?

RFE2 was about BC

Although not an expert,i spoke to a very reputed immigration attorney based in NY city who deals with criminal cases and specializes in "removals".
According to him there is 99% chance of arrested/convicted applicants getting call for an interview in local office.
There is nothing to be alarmed, just keep all court docs/dispositions,statements ready for interview.