Dependent I485 still pending

nvsr123

We( me and my wife) applied together on december 4th 2001. I got my 485 approved on oct 27th 2003 and also i got the receipt notice on 11/01/2003. My wife did not get approved.I checked her case status online and it says old message saying we received your finger printing.......

Guys do have any clue...

we are planning to visit india on 11/15/2003. My Wifes AP expires on 11/17/2003. We don't know whether we can go or not to India. Please share your thoughts.

is this common or it happened for us only.

Here are our details

Rd 12/04/2001
Nd 12/14/2001
FP1 03/28/2002.
REf 06/07/2003
Ref Received 06/27/2003.
Fp2 08/05/2003
we did Fp2 early 07/19/2003
3rd EAD, AP applied on 09/25/2003
My case approved on 10/27/2003
Passport stamped 11/03/2003

My case got approved in June, my wifes case (Nov 2001) is still pending.

Contacted VA Senator Wolf who contacted Vermont and said my wifes case is assigned to an office and she should hear somethig in 30-60 days. Its been more than 90 days since then and no luck.

My wife on the other hand is getting pretty depressed as her other who had filed along with us have been approved and she is still waiting. Everyweek i tell her maybe this week will be your week....its quite upsetting. Luckily her 3rd EAD got approved last week otherwise come december and she would be without a job too.

So much for constituent service by the yankees.

Sometimes papers get separated. My husband (primary applicant) received his GC last May. My case was transferred to a local office because of FP problems (prints not electronically readable) and somehow they lost track of the fact that my husband's case was already approved. It wasn't until we went to Baltimore to inquire why I still had no interview notice that they figured out I was ready to be scheduled for interview (they were still waiting for my husband's papers, not realizing he was already done!)

Hopefully you will find out soon what happened to your wife's case. In our case, by the way, my husband's case was approved a few days before my case was transferred. So there was a period of a few days where we were in the same situation as you (i.e., primary approved and notice received but derivative applicant still with same message).

Originally posted by pegh
In our case, by the way, my husband's case was approved a few days before my case was transferred. So there was a period of a few days where we were in the same situation as you (i.e., primary approved and notice received but derivative applicant still with same message).

But Pegh...here its not days, its months. I don't even know what to do anymore as even the Congressman was no help. All i can do now is wait or presonally write to the BCIS director. Those are the only options left for me.

Hi Guys,

Here are some questions..

My wife did not get her AP renewal yet, but her AP will expire on 11/17/2003.We are planning to go to india on 11/15/2003.

CAn we go to india without AP?
Can we go to india with AP receipt?

If we go to india and in the mean time she gets her I485 approval can she enter USA with I485 Aprroval notice?

If she gets her AP this week and if we go to inida with AP and in the mean time if she gets her I485 approved can she enter USA with AP or I485 Approval?
Please share your thougths..