Dentist

dentist

Registered Users (C)
I am a foreign trained dentist. I passed Part 1. Would you like to share your experience about getting license?

No Title

depends where you live.

In some states you have to go to shool for 2-3 years and it is very expensive....

In California you have to take only one exam, but it is very hard. Same in Texas....

With Part I you should be OK for admission...

No Title

I would like to know what are the options a person has after one gets through the Part 1 exam in California. My BDS degree is from India.

No Title

You have to take a total of 4 exams in california including part 1 - the other exams are the part 2, then the bench test and finally the licensure exam. My wife took these and she got her license about a year ago. Note that the deadline for foreign trained dentists to pass the bench and licensure is fast approaching - in other words, the CDA requires that a foreign-trained dentist MUST pass bench and part 4 by a certain date (not sure if it\'s this year or 2002 - pls check with CDA) - otherwise, you have to go to dental school after the deadline has passed.

No Title

First decide what you want to do,DDS, MS or just private practice?.
Each one has its own advantages and disadv. As aforiegn trained dentist if you clear part1 and 2 NDB exam you need to apply for clinical exam to obtain the license. Currently California,Virginia(need 5year experience) Illinois,Ohio are offering license to foriegn trained dentist.You can find info on state dental board in www.ada.org. Call each board to send you application and info for license. Once you read the brochure you will understand. Clinical exam given by state board is difficult one, In california UCLA gives two week training for clinical exam. Texas exam is difficult costs$10000(as heard from friend). Ohio accepts texas exam. Goodluck
dmalyav@hotmail.com
DDS

No Title

I was in impression that the Board exams are only in CA and Hawaii.

Ohio stoped last year.

Are you sure about Texas board exams, please let me know if you have any forther informaion on this. Please give address if any for contact.

Thanks
gvc

Students Visa for a dentist

Hi,
    I would like someone to please help me with some advise over students visa.I am a dentist and I gave my Part 1 while in the US on a tourist Visa.I have got into a dental school in US,currently I am in my home country.What are my chances of getting the students visa if I apply it from my home country.Is there anyone out there who has gone through this themselves ,if yes please do provide me with some information in this regard.
        Thank You
Revathi

When is the last licensure exam be given to foreign dentist at US?

Hi! I would like to know when will be the last year must a foreign dentist can only take licensure exam. And what are the requirements? I am a wife of an American citizen, but I\'m still here in my own country waiting for the petition. I dont really know if I could be able to meet the deadline. Coz some says that the deadline will be on 2003 at California.