Denied Fiance Visa Entry Clearance from Canada----cannot believe it!

rhysmaria

I applied for the 6 month entry clearance to the UK and have been refused based on two grounds. The UKBA Officier was not satisifed that me and my fiance would get married within the 6 months because we were returned to Canada, PEI to have the ceremony and two, I included an employment letter stating that I was still employed and earning money and my letter didn't indicate that I was taking leave, well guess what UKBA I wasn't returning to my job to make it worse my fiance and I have a new house waiting for us in Wales. We are not sure what to do, I think he is coming over and we are going to get married on PEI ASP and apply as I can apply as a family visitor and then once I get there I will apply for the settlement visa! What the UKBA think we are going to do? Our relationship is going to break-down just because you refused us. To top it all off, they had a book of evidence showing trip, financial, proof our house intention letters, pictures with his family member in the UK, a wedding invitation everything you could imagine. The nature of this visa doesn't allow me to appeal, if they appeal me in the family entry clearance and refuse me I will be appealing. What a shock afterall me and my fiance have been through. If anyone has any suggestions for me or solutions, I'd love to hear about them. See below the complaint I sent to the UKBA in Ottawa and the British Commissioner. And my fiance has called all the people in can in Wales about what to do and the funny thing is I can do more in Canada to resolve this than he can do in his own country. Shame on the UK government for treating people this way! Really disappointing, but I am determined to get there and not let the UKBA get the best of me! I am just trying to help people and couples not to go through the same thing!

My compliant letter:

To Whom it May Concern:

This letter is to complain about the refusal of Entry Clearance that I received February 14, 2011 from the United Kingdom Border Agency.

I recently received my refusal for entry clearance to the UK for six months (6 month fiancé visa). There were two reasons why I was refused, firstly, the ceremony was in Canada and not the UK and the Entry Clearance Officer was not satisfied that we are getting married in the reasonable time limit of 6 months. Secondly, I was still employed and not granted leave from my employment.

My complaint is to say, that no where in the requirements/ rules does it state for us to be married in the UK within 6 months, (we just need to be married in the 6 months and in a country that the UK recognizes marriages, Canada is one of them). If this were the case we would have arranged our marriage ceremony in the UK. It also did not state that I needed to indicate on my employment letter that I was granted 6 months leave. I included an employment letter to indicate that I was employed and I was financially stable especially since my employment was within the civil service (government Prince Edward Island). If the Entry Clearance Officer would have called my employer John Morrison, he could have clearly indicated I was leaving my employment.

As stated on my intention letter, I was seeking entry to live with my fiancé and we were getting married in Canada August 15, 2011 because we chose to get married in my home country in which we would be returning to the UK after our ceremony in which I can apply for settlement visa in the wife category (before my 6 months expired). My intention for my employment was leave my job in Canada and not take employment until legally allowed to do so in the UK after our marriage and the correct immigration and visa’s had been granted.

The UKBA has destroyed our plans. We have a home recently completed in Mynyddgarreg, Kidwelly, Wales, UK waiting for us and provided so many documents for evidence for our case. For the UKBA not to be satisfied is completely absurd. This category does not allow us to appeal, therefore, we have no choice but to perform our civil ceremony ASAP and re-apply as a family visitor, as I need entry clearance before I can travel to the UK to apply in the settlement wife category.

I am extremely disappointed in the UKBA for not considering an interview with either myself or my fiancé in the UK to clear-up any questions the Entry Clearance Officer might have had. We now have to start from scratch with the application process and also duplication of the biometrics and it is very disappointing , not to mention, now my passport shows a refusal for a visa to the UK in which I don’t believe was necessary.

I hope you consider this complaint a very serious one and consider updating your requirement/ rules for the fiancé 6 month entry clearance for other couples who have dreamed of their wedding day to be a very special one, only to be disappointed by the clarity of the UKBA requirements.

Sincerely disappointed,

Maria Smith

Enclosures (3)

cc: British High Commissioner, Dr. Andrew Pocock CMG

How Long did it take them to respond?

Sorry to hear about the denial for the Fiance Visa , I'm awaiting to get a respond from the UKBA ,it's been 10 days ,I haven't got a confirmation from them as yet,could you tell me about the experience you had in this process.

Thanks