Denial of tourist visa

nirvanava

Registered Users (C)
I am on H1-B visa and applied for my mother(tourist visa) three times. All the 3 times her application was denied with the reasons given as prospective immigrant. Now my brother and I are here.
Since I had no proper response from the Chennai consulate I approached the Congressman and the Governor. They wrote to the consulate and got the same response.
Please can someone shed light as to why this is happening ? Is there an alternative.
All the necessary documentation were provided.

To get a visa a applicant has to show they have a residence in their country which they do not indend to abondon, and also show other strong ties to their home country. These may include emlpoyment, financial ties, family ties, property in home country etc. etc. From your post it looks like you and your brother being in US is what is causing the consulate to think that she will immigrate, as this shows she has strong ties in US.
You can show that your mother has strong ties to India, like your father in India, other brother sisters in India etc.

Getting a visa is sometimes a matter of luck.

All the best.
sertra2002

Thanks sertra. I have provided all the possible documentation.
Financial, Mom works as teacher so her employment letter, properties etc etc.
My brother and I are the only children, my father passed away.
She takes care of mother-in-law and mother.Affidavits from both the individuals have been provided
What other family ties should she prove? Am I missing out on anything.