Deliver Baby in USA on Visitor Visa

sakzali

Hi,

I am my wife will be traveling on Visitors visa to USA. My wife is pregnant and we plan to deliver the baby in USA. Will there be any problem for the baby to get the Citizenship of USA or Social Security Card / birth certificate or applying for a Passport as the Visa Status of the Parents would be Visitor / Tourist Visa. We will be paying for all the medical expenses from our pocket. We do not need any insurance to pay the bills.

I need to know will there be any legal issues involved in getting the citizenship / passport of the baby as application form will need parents details and we will be on visitor visa. When we fill our visitor details and apply for baby's passport will immigration create any issues for giving the passport .

Any advise is appreciated.

Please advise
SMH

There will be no issue regarding the baby's citizenship. But, if your wife is REALLY pregnant, and you are flying to the US, then the airline/immigration may deny you boarding/entry for medical reasons, or if they suspect you're coming just to get the child US citizenship.

You can do it but you might not get a visa next time. if immigration catch at the airport, you ll return home by the next flight.
make your decision.

the process of getting a birth certificate, passport, social security card is not hard at all.

Aayirun is right ..... I forgot the minute, if your wife is having a C section , you should add average USD 10 000 to the bill.

Hi sakzali, did you manage to deliver the baby and get a US passport for him/her? Any difficulties you faced? Please share your experience. Thanks.