delay in receiving noid and now ead denied pls help

meera02

Registered Users (C)
first of all i'm really grateful to this forum for helping .guys u r doing grt job specially for people like me who know nothing and have lost all hope .u bring confidence and support to us.
thanks a lot.this is my first post so its a bit lengthy one.

wierd case,lot of it is my fault. changed jobs after I140 approval,and 180 days pending since i485 on ead.did not inform the nsc abt the change as advised by lawyer.
noid was sent to the lawyer but he had changed his address.did not inform me let alone ins.
ead is expiring on july 13th ,efiled it on april 30th ,wife recd hers on 4th june however i recd letter of denial saying i485 denied .had checked status 2 days back ,nothing on it.
called up ins and they informed me an noid was sent but returned to them as undeliverable on 23rd may and i need to update the address in order to receive it.totally shocked coz i was at the same address since last 2yrs and receiving all fp notices and others too.
realized the notice must have gone to the lawyer ,called her up and she said she has informed ins.guess she was lying.
appointed another lawyer ,updated my address ,send in a new ead application ,also took info pass and they sent a letter saying i 485 still pending.
earlier ead case opened but no lud's since .
getting worried abt ead .any ideas waht to do?
all help would be appreciated

- Why was NOID sent? If you don't know, find out from USCIS (CAll them) why they sent NOID (most likely your I140 was revoked by your ex-employer).

- Did you\new lawyer send new employment letter invoking AC21? If not, do it immediately. Format of AC21 related letter is available in this forum. Do a search.
- Call USCIS again, ask them what your I485 status is. Tell them that you received a 485 denial notice but Infopass shows pending. Ask if they can send you a letter telling your current status. (just in case for future reference)
- Ask them about status of your old and new EAD.

Preferable, ask to speak to an Immigration Office. If the customer service representative is not willing to forward your call, ask them complicated questions on AC21 with lots of what if scenarios. Basically, the strategy is to get your call forwarded to an Immigration Officer who might have more information available to them.

noid was for job change and the ability of current employer to pay.i have responded to it via the new attorney.
called up nsc yesterday ,they said the same thing as online status.
planning to take infopass and meet with officer on monday.problem is i cannot work after 13th as my company wonnt keep me on job illegally.
they said they will hire me back once the ead comes. but who knows how long will it take 2 get the new ead.
and what if they want more info abt the company or the job in the meantime.how will i provide them once i have left the job ?
any suggestions

This is what I think.
- Company can put you in UNPAID leave of absense.
- When you meet up with the officer, ask him\her whether the RFE response has been received, what your EAD application status is, whether it is being held in suspension due to RFE, and whether you can get an interim EAD after 90 days of your earlier EAD (As per current law. USCIS is in the process of eliminating interim EADs).
- if the new lawyer is a company lawyer, then you would need company's co-operation in this regard so that they notify you of any updates. I think this part should be fine as long as the company supports you ( i.e you are not laid off)
- A call again to the USCIS Immigartion Officer (not customer representative) after a week of RFE response MAY help. When he\she opens up your file as you talk to him\her, if they see that RFE has been satisfactorily answered, they may approve first EAD right away. Just a long shot.

- People have got NOIDs even though they have sent AC21 proactively in the past. So this is not a guaranteed solution and thus not your mistake. Thats the way USCIS works.

thanks for the advice .just keeping my fingers crossed .hope everything will work out tomorrow at info pass.
thanks once again for responding

no problems. please do keep updating this thread on your experience and any insights. will help others too. USCIS works in funny ways.

just an update.
called up ins today morning and initiated an enquiry abt ead,got a confirmation number but no change in status.
went for info pass ,interim ead not issued but the officer did send an email to the nsc.she also said that i can continue working with the receipt notice.
still doubtful abt working tho.
guys please advise.
thanks in advance

just an update .got an email on 485 application saying "we have received the response to rfe and processing has started ,we will mail u a written notice once decision has been taken on the case".
does this mean they have accepted the response to NOID,that i sent?
any advice will be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance

I think it just means that they have received your response and are acknowledging it but they have to review it and decide. I don't know how it goes from here and whether there is a distinct change of message once the accept your response. Let see if anyone has any further inputs.

About your earlier question regarding EAD, there was a thread discussing this very recently. You will have to search. i don't remember where I saw it.

Ok heres one thread
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=215356&page=1&pp=15

Last edited by a moderator:
meera02 said:
just an update .got an email on 485 application saying "we have received the response to rfe and processing has started ,we will mail u a written notice once decision has been taken on the case".
does this mean they have accepted the response to NOID,that i sent?
any advice will be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance

Hello Meera02,

We all wish you good luck with your I-485 and EAD applications.

You mentioned you could use Infopass to check with NSC about case status, could you let me know how that works? My prioirty date for I-485 has been current for more than two months now, still no update from NSC. I would like to make an inquiry to remind those folks.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Hi,u can go to www.uscis.gov and click on info pass.
then follow the steps and fill out all the info they ask for.
when it is time for purpose of visit,choose MEET AN IMMIGRATION OFFICER.
take a printout of ur appt confirmation with u.

hi just wanted to update.
4 luds on i 485 7/11,7/12,7/13,7/14.
luds on wife's i 485 too ,11/29/05,7/13,7/14.
however no change in the message and also no change in ead.
what does all this means ?i'm getting nervous

lud changed again today for both me and wife.
the status also changed and both of us have been issued RFE'S.
dont know what it might be abt coz i already sent all info abt the job when responding to NOID.
Just waiting for the notice to come.

meera02 said:
lud changed again today for both me and wife.
the status also changed and both of us have been issued RFE'S.
dont know what it might be abt coz i already sent all info abt the job when responding to NOID.
Just waiting for the notice to come.

meera02,

Please keep us posted once u get the RFE details. One more question. After you changed the employer, does the new employer also located in NSC area??

meera02 said:
Hi,u can go to www.uscis.gov and click on info pass.
then follow the steps and fill out all the info they ask for.
when it is time for purpose of visit,choose MEET AN IMMIGRATION OFFICER.
take a printout of ur appt confirmation with u.

Thank you very much, meera02.

I have successfully requested an interview with USCIS officer, thanks to your reply.

card ordered

The status changed today: "On July 17, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her."

GCdeewana said:
meera02,

Please keep us posted once u get the RFE details. One more question. After you changed the employer, does the new employer also located in NSC area??

actually i was working as a contractor in my earlier job and the company had headquarters in chicago but the client was in california and i was working at the client site for 4 years .the current company is in california only.
in LC ,the location was not specified.

lawyer got the rfe on saturday.
it mentions that they have accepted the response to noid.
however they wanted the approval /renewal notice for a certain period.
actually my i 485 wasfiled in 2003 .i had H1 extended in 2004.so they did not have the details for that 9 month period .
samething for my wife too.
we will be sending it today.
hopefully they will accept this too.
will keep updating as and when any changes occur.