Deja Vu: 3 days - that's it for me

istrategist

Registered Users (C)
<BEGIN VENT>
Not counting today, 3 more working days till the August visa bulletin goes into effect

This whole situation seems strangely familiar - had just done FP1 before retrogression hit us in Jan 2005. I remember counting down the days to the end of the year in Dec 2004, which also meant counting down the days to an indefinite wait for people like me (EB3 IN, PD Nov 2002). After a few days in Jan 2005, I gave up completely and just waited to see if the next visa bull... would change anything...

The last couple of months have been a rollercoaster for many of us - I never received FP2, did not get response to SRs, until a TSC IO rescheduled FP2 - and it went to my old address (changed 2 years ago, other USCIS communication came to new address) - thankfully we received lawyer copies in time for our FP2s earlier this week.

I feel exactly the same as I did in 2004 - seeing the chances of approval getting slimmer and disappearing till the dates become current for me again - whenever that will be...

At the same time, I'm not depressed, and I try to see and focus on the good things that are happening, but waiting for the GC will remain a nagging issue at the back of my mind.

All the best to those getting approved and waiting for approval - specially for those with older PDs who have had more than their share of waiting over the years...
<END VENT>

Were you able to do your second FPs ?

Hi:
I saw that in your earlier post that you would try and do a second FP at the Hackensack ASC last Wednesday (07/25). Were you successful in doing so ? Please let me know. THANX !!!

Also, the EB visa numbers are "Current" till August 17 th. I wouldn't lose hope till then. :):):)

Cheers !!

I spend time checking case status on their stupid website then realize that I'm wasting time and my attention slips away from GC. I become more relaxed but then those b@stards make another LUD on 485 and ruin my tranquility. They did the same trick today.

santosh_bh:

Where did you read that the visa numbers are current till Aug 17th?

I was under the impression that Aug 17th is a significant date only because USCIS will accept applications till then for applicants who were eligible to file till July 31st (that is, their priority date is on or before 07/31). Also, they will accept applications till 08/17 only because USCIS wanted to give applicants the same window of one month for filing starting July 17 (when they announced this) as applicants would have got on July 2nd if the bulletin update hadn't come out.

For all matters relating to visa numbers, the July 2nd update is still the official word - that is, no more visa authorizations.

USCIS may have begun returning some visa numbers to DoS, but that hasn't been reflected in any official bulletin.

istrategist,

its good that you are venting it out... after this, you should be relieved..

one of the best strategy would be, to not come back to this website so often.. no, seriously, it works... I basically ignore GC for about 3 years.. avoid GC discussions, not GC related browsing, no nothing... i even went as far as avoiding colleagues who always end up in this discussion... every freaking day.. its stupid..

Just got interested last 2 months more than ever... and I going to get out of this end of mid August... so be cool man... there are better things your brain needs to think about.. howZ is facebook.com earning money.. whats up with google ? is yahoo going down.. just to cheer you up.. besides, tomorrow is Friday dude.. :)

as for Aug 17th date issue... if i have learnt anything from USCIS, random is the rule of their world.. so, i wouldnt be surprised if they have collected some applications to be approved as many as avail numbers, and the guy supposed to approve them smokes 6 packs a day... why Aug ? he may easily continue approvals even in Dec 07..

Last edited by a moderator:
istrategist,

i understand what u mean.....i have gone through same situation still waiting for our second FP notice....and approval.

they issued RFE on spouse EAD, not received notice yet....let see what they are asking for.

I cannot agree more... after all, it is the individual who has to help himself/herself and try to concentrate on something else in life... no matter what...

I am stuck in the whole process since 2001 and have many issues and problems becsue of not getting approved. However, I always think of other problems which the other people have in their lives...much worst than me not having a GC.

A good friend of mine was also stuck in the process for years, and spent years in complaining and crying. After he got his GC a few months ago, now is always complaining and crying about something else... never seems to be happy... When I see him, I feel the happiness is always inside the man, not in time-specific events and factors, such as GC. I may be wrong but this is my opinion....

istrategist,

its good that you are venting it out... after this, you should be relieved..

one of the best strategy would be, to not come back to this website so often.. no, seriously, it works... I basically ignore GC for about 3 years.. avoid GC discussions, not GC related browsing, no nothing... i even went as far as avoiding colleagues who always end up in this discussion... every freaking day.. its stupid..

Just got interested last 2 months more than ever... and I going to get out of this end of mid August... so be cool man... there are better things your brain needs to think about.. howZ is facebook.com earning money.. whats up with google ? is yahoo going down.. just to cheer you up.. besides, tomorrow is Friday dude.. :)

as for Aug 17th date issue... if i have learnt anything from USCIS, random is the rule of their world.. so, i wouldnt be surprised if they have collected some applications to be approved as many as avail numbers, and the guy supposed to approve them smokes 6 packs a day... why Aug ? he may easily continue approvals even in Dec 07..

Sam 2010,

Just to know. What are the main difference between being on EAD and GC, other than just carrying the card instead of AP while traveling. I am not kidding here, I just wanted to know the negative part of it.

Velu,

You dont have to renew it every year. More over unnecessary investment of time on that. Some companies have problem recognizing it, prefer GC over EAD as in my current situation.

Atleast I am irked by the above...

Thanks

A couple of others, such as you cannot switch your company that easily without filing AC21, you cannot progress and be promoted in the same company as your job title and description changes. I have a bigger problem; that is my company may close sonner or later...:)

Is there any problem other than what gcdelay has mentioned?

I understand. May be we were not the lucky ones. Some day will be our day... and We can start a thread with "Apppprooooooved" as title :)

Sam 2010,

Just to know. What are the main difference between being on EAD and GC, other than just carrying the card instead of AP while traveling. I am not kidding here, I just wanted to know the negative part of it.
With an EAD your legal stay in the USCIS can come to an end at anytime without notice. I-485 Denied! And that's all she wrote. So it becomes risky to make long-term moves like home improvement or buying a home, starting a business, buying a new car, etc. Whereas with GC you can only lose your status in extreme circumstances, and usually it would be your own fault.

And of course, if you have a GC you don't have to renew it every year and worry if they will approve the next one before your existing one expires. And you don't have to renew your driver's license every year. And you can travel without having to go through secondary inspection at the airport. And you can visit Canada without a visa. And you are exempt from having to get a transit visa for certain countries. And you can claim homestead exemption in states that have it, and pay lower property taxes.

Just to clarify a small thing here: There is no set date when USCIS stops adjudicating the pending cases. Its not End of July nor is it Aug 17th.

They are going to adjudicate all cases for which they requested and assigned visa numbers no matter how soon or late it happens. As it stands now, this process is totally disconnected with the visa bulletin since they already have the visa numbers and "tagged" a bunch of pending cases.

You know why? Because they were approving cases even when DOS announced that no more visas were available from July 2nd onwards...through the retraction of this amendment (under threat from AILA or whatever) and since then.

So it stops when they use up all the visa numbers they got from DOS. It could happen today, tomorrow or carry on for weeks.

And not just that, you can look for a job of your choice. If you are a programmer, you could look to be a lead or PM. Try new things in your career. Its just freedom. Freedom to do anything you want with your life and career.

I started difference topic so that people would say there is nothing much difference so that I can console myself and get on with my life. But now you guys have made me want it more than just before i started the topic :) :) :)

2 days more

no LUDs like some others had on Saturday. But I'm proud to report that I have not called TSC IO for 11 days.
All the best to all waiting!

I don't think so. We never called and we have updates on July 28th on derivative's approved AP and primary approved 140.