Decision can't be made.

Look it depends on where your case is. I was interviewed at Fairfax, VA and i notice that the IO that help people when the Infopass is made sometimes they interview the N-400 applicants so they real know what is going on.

Wave

Well I do remember something from my interview where they wanted to put my middle name down and because it was on my birth certificate he included it. I would just use the first initial of my middle name and on my GC it had that, but the IO changed it. Could that cause a delay along with a new background check?

Well I do remember something from my interview where they wanted to put my middle name down and because it was on my birth certificate he included it. I would just use the first initial of my middle name and on my GC it had that, but the IO changed it. Could that cause a delay along with a new background check?

No it wouldnt. My husband had the same situation plus he was changing his first name and he got An oath letter in about a week(DO Norfolk, VA)

Just for a peace of mind,

After the N-400 been transferred to a local office can one still receive the status update via e-mail or text message? Does USCIS at the local office update the status on-lime? Reason I am asking is because my interview was on 02/25/2010 at Fairfax field office but the status on-line is still saying INTERVIEWING AND TESTING.

Hey wavejazz1 mine says interview and testing and I had my interview on 1/11/2010, plus I don't see any touches to my application as I am set up for online updates thru USCIS.

Hi z28eater,

Looks like the online case status thing is just a fairytale. I believe i raed on one of the threads that only if your application is at the USCIS Service center you can be updated online as well has by e-mail or text, but one it is transfered to your local office no updates will be made via electronic system. That's why the online service is so outdated.

By the way is your case at your local office or at service center? Is fairfax your local office?

Wave

Ya Fairfax is my local office. I didn't know about the service center thing. Hell they can be touching my case and I not even know about it!

emno,

Sorry i sould have been more clear, bad word choice.I meant that there is no an updates on the case status, that's all.

Wave

Last edited by a moderator:
Me either. I had a service request done on April 11, at that time I was told to call them back in 36 days if I haven't heard from my District office.