Decision can't be made.

z28eater

Registered Users (C)
So it has been 1 month today since I went to my interview. I haven't heard any news yet. I was wondering how long should one wait before contacting USCIS or my local senator? Should I give them 90-120 days? The IO said I should hear something in 3 to 4 weeks.
Any thoughts?

So it has been 1 month today since I went to my interview. I haven't heard any news yet. I was wondering how long should one wait before contacting USCIS or my local senator? Should I give them 90-120 days? The IO said I should hear something in 3 to 4 weeks.
Any thoughts?

Call 18003755283 to speak to level 2 IO or make an infopass to find out if it is approved yet first

Call 18003755283 to speak to level 2 IO or make an infopass to find out if it is approved yet first

I had the same question (had interview 5 weeks ago and on OL yet) and tried calling the 1-800 number. However, the rep did not even transfer me to second level IO since it has been less than 90 days. Is there any way to talk to second level IOs in this situation? Thanks!

I had the same question (had interview 5 weeks ago and on OL yet) and tried calling the 1-800 number. However, the rep did not even transfer me to second level IO since it has been less than 90 days. Is there any way to talk to second level IOs in this situation? Thanks!

It was once recommened one exaggerated one' situation a little bit to CSR in order to be transfered. Once transferred, the second level officer
will not know what you told the CSR even in theory they may recorded everything but I doubt they really bother to examine
consisitency between what callers tell CSR and what they later tell IOs

I took infopass and spoke with the 2nd level officer too, it was of no use. They said you have to wait at least 90 days (51 days from interview for me) from the interview date to start a service request. Please give some advise on what should be the next step which can help as I have some business travel in the next few days. Spoke to few lawyers as well, they also asked me to wait for 90 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have time drive down 4 hours...........it's worth than waiting 90 days.......or else wait for 30 days than go...

It's been more than 30 days now. I would hate to drive 4 hours for them to say sorry I cant help you....go home. Somehow I could see that happening.

It's been more than 30 days now. I would hate to drive 4 hours for them to say sorry I cant help you....go home. Somehow I could see that happening.

That's exactly what they'll say to you. Wait 90 days before you decide to make an InfoPass. In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to call them up once a week, just to see if any progress has been made.

I had an infopass today (90 days after interview) and I tried my level best to find out the reason for delay but they just mentioned that they are doing additional review and I should wait for at least 120 days. Any advise/tips?

I had an infopass today (90 days after interview) and I tried my level best to find out the reason for delay but they just mentioned that they are doing additional review and I should wait for at least 120 days. Any advise/tips?
Wait 30 more days (120 days after interview) and make another Infopass. When you're at the Infopass appointment, remind them that it's been 120 days. If you don't get satisfactory answers, file 1447(b).

You can do one of two things at this point: either wait for an undetermined period of time or file a lawsuit as soon as 120 days pass since your interview.

Why did you have to change your name in the naturalization proccess. Once you get your citizenship, it takes less a twenty minutes to change your name...I can understand if you are a female and married and want to assume your husband's new name, other than that it is not a good idea...

Why did you have to change your name in the naturalization proccess. Once you get your citizenship, it takes less a twenty minutes to change your name...
Twenty minutes? Where? In some states it takes one or two months and costs $150 or more for a name change if done separately from naturalization.

In addition, the name change doesn't cause the naturalization decision to be delayed. It may cause the oath date to be delayed, once they have made the decision to approve the case. So because of a name change the oath date might be two months after the oath letter, instead of same day or two weeks later.

Thats right. I was recommended by many ppl that I should go for a name change on N400 and this should not delay the process. God knows what is causing the delay and if there is a way at least to find out what exactly it is. Most of the ppl here at least know what is causing the delay (Name Change/FBI Background/Criminal History).

Is not only the name change causing the delay but any changes, correction, update you make on your form during the interview will trigger any review on your application but the IO won't tell you that. Tha's not what they are there for so for you new filers here you have it.

Wave