• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

December 2018 Visa Bulletin

Xarthisius

AFRICA: 13,100
Except:
Egypt: 8,300

ASIA: 3,800
Except:
Iran: 2,900
Nepal: 2,150

EUROPE: 8,800

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 12

OCEANIA: 350

SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN: 550

If I’m reading it right for the 2019 OC region (Australia) there have been 9 visas issued, is that right.

It does seem weird that they took more than Australia and New Zealand given their population in comparison

True I know in Fiji it’s a big thing to apply for the green card lottery. I used to think it was fake etc as around lottery time “processing offices” used to spring up.

New Zealand had three. Perhaps no one wants to go? GC Lottery is pretty unknown here, people are surprised if I mention it.

Then again, NZ has its own lottery (1100 visas to south pacific island countries) and no one knows about that either. Maybe we're just not well read.

That’s interesting, Fijians took such a big slice of the OC pie. With limited dexterity on my mobile device - is this normal for OC, or an aberration?

It's just one month of data. The numbers are so small, that Fiji could represent 2 or 3 cases, and Australia could be in the same range. Fiji has a higher derivative rate. But when the numbers are so small it isn't something that can form a trend. Overall though cases from Australia and Fiji tend to have a similar rate of selectee to visa issued rate, with Australia getting almost twice as many selectees/visas as Fiji (in line with number of entries).

It's just one month of data. The numbers are so small, that Fiji could represent 2 or 3 cases, and Australia could be in the same range. Fiji has a higher derivative rate. But when the numbers are so small it isn't something that can form a trend. Overall though cases from Australia and Fiji tend to have a similar rate of selectee to visa issued rate, with Australia getting almost twice as many selectees/visas as Fiji (in line with number of entries).
That’s why I asked if it was normal for OC or an aberration;)