Dealing with IIOs: questions and responses

Venu Reddy

Registered Users (C)
FWIW, I just spoke to an IIO after waiting for 15 min.

Q: Have all the necessary background checks been received?
A: Not yet, still waiting for some of those. But, you finished FP last month, so you are in good shape. It shouldn\'t be too long.

I\'m wondering if the time it takes for those clearances is longer if one\'s stay in US is longer (esp. residences being in various states).

I finished my FP on 2/2 at San Jose center and the AVM changed to "Processing Resumed" on 2/6.

I had the same question....

I did my FP on 02/22/02 and there is no AVM change yet.....

I lived in 5 different addresses(3 states) in around 6 yrs....

my case was different

i spoke to IIO and said all my background checks are completed and pending...
 stayed in maybe like 7 different addresses or more..
did my FP on 02/22 too

and my AVM did not change... at all

let see what happens

No Title

venu Reddy

Why are you wasting your time and IIO time what are you going to achieve by callin IIO. didnt you read the message from Murthy.com. Calling IIO frequently will delay the processing.

relax

No Title

I\'m better judge of whether or not it\'s a waste of my time, this is the first time I called. If INS is as unsystematic as it is, someone better convey the message once in a while.

ParthaN--Back off Man!

Do not keep making your wise-cracks. Let people decide what they want to do.
If a case is delayed beyond reason, then it might help if we call IIO and find out. There was a post on this forum, wherein an applicants case was unduly delayed. He called the IIO and he promised to help. The guy got his approval in two weeks.

So it pays to call IIO. I agree that we should not do it too often. But then who would want to call an IIO often (especially when it takes hours to get through)

ParthaN, You are a loser and have some mental problem

I had read a couple of your posting in the past. You are always negative in your approach and always sound gloomy.
You always treat the society as your enemy. What happened? Did your Mom not love you enough?or Did you fail in your Love Life? or You are just mentally deranged since birth? or Did your wife run away with your neighbour?

It is high time you got your mind checked.

Talked to IIO taday

Q: Why is my case taking so long?
A: We are currently processing 01-01-01 cases
Q: But a lot of people even in August got approved. Why is not mine?
A: Let us talk about your case and not other cases.

She just tried to dodge my questions all the while . I am planning to talk to the Senator about it. Will post the details.
It is about time we all started talking to the Senators and Congressmen instead of accepting meekly all their Nonsense.

Yes, the IIO\' usually dodge the questions.

I do not know whether it is out of lack of knowlegde or lack of willingness to help.

I am waiting till April 15th and if I do not get approval, I am going to write to my Congresswoman.
This INS crap has to stop.
My details: WAC01-262-5XXXXX. RD 07.25.01, ND 08.20.01, FP done 12.12.01.

PS ** My Friend had RD of 07.29.01 and ND 08.24.01. He did his FP on Jan 15th, but still got approved a couple of days back. There is INS craziness for you.

Write a letter to the Senator and Congressperson

Let us all take a moment off from our busy Schedule and write a letter to the senator and congressman about our plight. It is going to immensely help us if we all make it a point to write a letter.

Venu reddy Mili sonofindia desiindistress

I am thinking the same. I am living in US over 6 years ( 3 states, 7 address changes). Is that
the reason for delay, more time for background checks.
please reply

It could be. We can never know what INS is upto

thinking logically, it is possible that the backgroud checks can take more time for people who have lived in different states.

i am not sure though..

last time i spoke to IIO she said that all my background checks are done.. i lived here for almost 6 years and have stayed in more than 7 addresses .. and 4 different states..