DCF - New Delhi question

Dcf

sumitkgarg said:
Keyun, could you also tell me the exact contents of Packet 3?
Good luck just filed for your wife.
Here is the link for Package 3, you can download this pk3 if you dont received in month or so.. but most of time you will.
pk3 link: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhforms.html click on Package 3 - Immingration. There are four different package. choose for Immigration.
Here is the link for PK3 form http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/wwwfpacketa.pdf

Tell your wife that once she will received pk3 try to send back to embassy as soon as possible make sure do Register Mail. so just incase need proof.
Anyway..after submit form she will received PK 4 - Immingration. You will see on the about link,, Including her appointment letter + medical Information.

I hope you do understand this and If you have any question. Post it or email it to me
Good luck both of yo u

sumitkgarg said:
My wife received Packet 4. The interview is scheduled for Sept 1. DCF rocks!!!!

Congratulation both of you
Good luck to yr wife for Interview.
Prepare for question

Question For Interview

sumitkgarg said:
Thanks Keyun. What kind of questions? I guess they must be pretty general...
Hi
By the way, I did some searching around at various forums and came up with a consolidated list of the crazy questions they may ask at the interview:

1. When did you get married?
2. At what time of day was the wedding?
3. Where did u meet your spouse?
4. How old are you? How old is your spouse?
5. Is this your first marriage?
6. Is this your spouse's first marriage?
7. Have you ever stayed outside India for more than a year?
8. Have you ever been denied a visa to the US before?
9. Where and when were you born?
10. What work do you do?
11. How many people attended your wedding?
12. What work does your spouse do?
13. Why did you get married?
14. Have either of you got any children?
15. How long have you and your spouse known each other? Why didn't you
get married before this?
16. What college degrees do you have?
17. Where are you planning to live in the US? What do you know about
the place you are going to live? What has your spouse told you about
the place?
18. What are you planning on doing in the US?
19. Questions about spouse's family - parents, siblings, immediate family etc.
20. Show me your wedding album/some wedding pictures?
21. They might ask for history of relationship - old pictures, some emails.

Well, I my case they did ask about age and my parents Info and where do i work and title of my job.

but those are general question that might be ask her so just prepared for it.
Good Luck

sumitkgarg said:
Great Keyun! Thanks a lot... :) You have been of great help...

Hi,

My wife went for medical today and she met someone there who told her that during interview they ask for phone records that I used to call her in India. I always used a calling card and would the print out from the website from my telephone company showing details of the 1-800 number called be sufficient along with a print out of the call details from my calling card company? Any one who was asked for phone records?

Thanks...

Phone Records

well ya thats true that they might be ask her Phone record but its not in everybody case. Well, since her interview on Spet 1 you can do one thing that you can tell her to print out from website or you can send her in attachment and keep that print out with her incase they ask her.
See most of the time its up to her How she answer Officer's question. Like if they ask her that " How you guys been in touch with each other..somthing like that and if he mention about phone" She could say that..my husband usually give me call and we chat on Internet.
I mean this is just my openion and its all about situation. I also observe that if your interview in early morning then you want get lot of question mean.. let see if you appointment time is 7:30am and you are the first of in top 10 or what ever come first. It goes smooth. but after 12pm get ..harder.
Anyway dont worry. just send her email or fax her. so she can have copy.
I send mine too. Check the QUESTION # 21 in my last Post. It mention about Relationship...Email..Post...etc.
Oky
Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
keyun21 said:
well ya thats true that they might be ask her Phone record but its not in everybody case. Well, since her interview on Spet 1 you can do one thing that you can tell her to print out from website or you can send her in attachment and keep that print out with her incase they ask her.
See most of the time its up to her How she answer Officer's question. Like if they ask her that " How you guys been in touch with each other..somthing like that and if he mention about phone" She could say that..my husband usually give me call and we chat on Internet.
I mean this is just my openion and its all about situation. I also observe that if your interview in early morning then you want get lot of question mean.. let see if you appointment time is 7:30am and you are the first of in top 10 or what ever come first. It goes smooth. but after 12pm get ..harder.
Anyway dont worry. just send her email or fax her. so she can have copy.
I send mine too. Check the QUESTION # 21 in my last Post. It mention about Relationship...Email..Post...etc.
Oky
Good luck

Thanks once again for a quick response Keyun.

Thats the probably the best idea to gather the bills myself and send that to her in an email attachment that she can get printed. Her interview is at 8:00 am so I hope it goes smooth for her.

As far as proof of ongoing relationship is concerned, I guess that the fact that we just got married in February 2005, they wont be too concerned about the "ongoing" part since its only been a short time. I asked my wife and the lady who told her to get the phone bills was the one with kids which means that its probably been a couple of years at least since she was married and hence a greater requirement for "proof of ongoing relationship". But anyways, I will send the phone records to wife as an email attachment.

Thanks once again Keyun. If you were living in Bay Area, California, I would have given you a grand treat for all your help. But if you do come over to California, let me know :)

Take care,
Sumit

Thanks sumit. There is no need to give me Grand Treat. I m just like yr friends. Just trying to help each other out. Thats about it.
You are right they ask those people who is been married long time. So like i said before, eveyone case is individual so you never know what they ask you.
Espesialy in marriage case.
I mean i m preety sure that yr wife interview will go smooth but i m know that you dont wana to take any chances.
Good luck both of you.
Let me know what Happen :) .

Hello,
I 've been reading ur posts regularly and many of my queries have been solved.
I would like u to look into the confusion that i m in.

I got married in December 2004.My wife is Green Card Holder and i am an Indian Citizen.She filed Petion for Alien Relative (I-130) in Vermont Service Center in January 2005. .My Notice Date is Jan 19,2005.
My wife will become US Citizen on October 24th 2005.So after that we can upgrade our file, but i am not sure how long that process continues.I know that after upgrading the file it gets transferred to CR1 but not sure how long it takes.

Other thing that she is planning to come India in December 2005, So we are thinking of doing DCF at Delhi.So calculating her stay from 9th December to 9th Feb 2006 (60 days) we may file at Delhi and from that date about 3 months so DCF will take around 9th May 2006.
So my question is Is is appropriate to file DCF at Delhi or Is it better to upgrade my file cause uptil 9th May it is around 7months from the date of upgradation of my original file (24th Oct 2005) which may get me a visa early.
Its a long question but please help guys.
I am in bit dilemma so ur help will be really appreciated.

Well, NJ-DCF, since your wife file it for you I-130. You have left few more options.
First one is like you said that after she become US citizen you will transfer yr file on citizen base. But Do you guys check the waiting time/period for Vermont center. I mean how long does take them to process I-130 for spouse. Check that first and see the timeline.

Second of all you can do DCF at Delhi. Only thing you have to do is to cancel or withdraw I-130 from Vermont and keep that receipt and when you do DCF at Delhi attach it with yr application. As my personal experience I would suggest you that if she is coming to India anyway they why don’t you do DCF because there is plenty of reason. Over here in US there is no guaranty how fast your application will process. But if you do DCF then you know it will process defiantly within 3 month.

Since, she is coming to India in December 2005 then why don’t you guys file it at DCF. It’s about 3 more months to go. Let see if you guys decide to do DCF make sure she have a job once she come back to US after filling because as you know that she needs to sponsor for you when your interview come. As I read yr question I found out that her Citizenship interview is in October let see if she become a citizen on that month then I would suggest that she get her visa and passport asap and try to come during November so at the first week of January 2006 you can file. There is a reason behind it, because you have to look at the time. Most of the Indian living in US will plan to visit India during that time and that’s mean more applicants at Delhi embassy. This is just my guess okay. (You don’t have to take this as like I m a lawyer) When I went to Delhi during March 2005 I was lucky that I was 3rd in line but after I get out from embassy at 11am there were so many newly weds in line out side of embassy so just look at those all criteria before you file.

I was married when I was on GC but I wait about year and then I become US citizen and I came to India for 60 days and file my application for my wife at Delhi and now she is with me. My file processed within 2 month at Bombay center.

I hope this information would be enough for you. You can email me or post yr response i check on this website everyother day eventhough my case been solve. just trying to help out friends. Thats all.
Good luck with yr case
bye

Thanks Keyun for ur detailed response.
Well, as u said the time line for Vermont Service Centre for I-130(Petition for Alien Relative) filed by a US citizen is currently processing cases with Notice date of May 2005.My notice date is Jan 2005.And after upgrading the case the file is transferred to current processing, means no dates are applicable for current processes.But i m not sure of how long does it takes for the case to get upgraded.
Other thing that in case we file DCF, do they take the copy of letter sent to VSC office mentioning that we are cancelling the petition.I guess i have read somewhere in somebodies posts that they took the registered AD receipt and the copy of letter.
Anyway again thanks for ur reply and will let u know about my case and what we have decided.

Hi NJ-CDF,

I asked a lawyer after I became a citizen about the timelines. He said usually once you file as a citizen, it takes 11-14 months for the spouse to get here. Now assuming your wife filed for you in Jan 2005 as a PR and becomes a US citizen in October and upgrades her file, I guess that it will still take you around 9-10 after that which means that you can be here in around August 2006. On the other hand, if your wife goes to India in October or November, and files for you in January and assuming your case goes through in 3 months (at the most), you can be here in April 2006 or before that. So you save 4 months as per my guess. Now, whether this 4 month gap is worth it or not is upto you to decide. But think about the 2 month period during which you and your wife can be together. So I will put the DCF vs Regular processing gap to 6 months.

Regarding the withdrawing case, here's the text from New Delhi's I-130 filing instructions:
"If you have already filed an I-130 petition for this Alien Relative in the US, the US citizen petitioner must provide us with proof that that specific petition has been withdrawn or that processing on that petition has been terminated. We will accept a Notice of Action (form I-797) from US CIS offices to such effect. We will also accept a photocopy of a certified and/or registered letter to the US CIS office processing that petition in which you request termination and/or withdrawal of that petition. Such receipts or letters must note the complete receipt number of the petition filed in the US."

Hope this helps.

Take care and good luck...

Hello Sumit,
Think ur right.I asked a lawyer here so he also said that it would take around 9 to 10 months.So think DCF is better but my wife will have to make arrangements for her leaves.Hope she gets enough leaves.
Anyways thanks for ur reply and Wish u best of luck for ur Interview
Bye and take care

Hey guys... Good news! My wife's visa has been approved! :) Here's what happened in brief.

She reached the New Delhi US consulate at 7:30 am on Sept 1st 2005. Her interview was scheduled at 8 am. She got in the line, got past the security check and sat inside waiting for her name to be called. Her name was called and all the papers were asked for. She handed the papers and the guy checked the checklist for the papers. He told her to submit the visa fee. She went to the counter, submitted the fee in USD and waited for her name to be called again. Her name was called again and this time by an American lady for the interview who asked her questions about my job, where I live, where I work, if this is going to be her first time in US, how she met me, etc. After that she told my wife that the visa is approved and that she is welcome to the US. She told her to submit the courier service fee and that was it! She was out of the consulate by 10:30 am. That was fast and easy!

No one asked for the telephone records, marriage photos, wedding cards etc. Just what was required was asked for.

Thank you guys for all the help, esp Keyun.

Take care and good luck...

Congrats Sumit. I need to do the same thing, once I receive my citizenship. This whole waiting process is pain. It seems you just went to India and applied at Delhi. Did you have to stay there for 2 months?

Also would you guys recommend filling DCF at Delhi alone or filling papers here in US at same time?